Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street
US$353
US$266
  • Restaurant
US$116
All reviewsan extended staycard keyquiet hotelbudget hotelother guestshome away from homethe room was niceconvenient locationoatmealbreakfast barbusiness centerexcellent staydesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The room smelled...not terrible, but it was there. I found a bobby pin on the floor. I don't feel the room was cleaned well. Not sure if floor was vacuumed. Some of the kitchen items were dirty...even though they were in the cupboard. They give you the BARE MINIMUM of kitchen items. Bring your own dish soap and a scrubby. Other things you will need is shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, lotion. They really need to add a few more things. I found the best thing about staying here was that the staff was friendly, except for the guy behind the desk early morning. I wonder if he had just been plucked from somewhere and told to sit there to make a presence. TIP! Go to a dollar store and pick some kitchen things up if you are going to be there for awhile. I won't stay at an extended stay again. Oh, and they don't give up wake up calls. I have never been to a hotel that doesn't do this.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank k t
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and providing feedback about your experience. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously improve our guest’s experience. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean, comfortable room while you are our guest. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. We will coach our team to provide better service and a clean room in the future. We will also remind our staff to highlight the fact that we do offer hair dryers, shampoo, and other toiletries at the front desk.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and it's great to hear that you appreciated our friendly staff. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TWS@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hotel was a little hard to find and not on a main street. Accommodations were fine...only drawback was we were told they had no handicap equipped rooms. Fairly good value, staff was friendly and tried to help as much as possible. Grab and go breakfast was okay as well.

Room Tip: Very quiet location.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank matflorida
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and considered our hotel to be a great value. As well, I am glad that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast as well as the quietness of our hotel.

The staff and I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to post your review. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to this area!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The hotel is located very near to the Airport and reasonably priced. This gives better options to travelers from near by area (like Sarasota) to catch early morning flights, without worrying about traffic. Has good airport shuttle service.
Many options to eat nearby.
The property is very clean and calm.

Room Tip: Good place to stay Near by Airport OR catching flights if you are staying outside Tampa.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PuneTraveller2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our central location. Also, I am glad to that the cleanliness and and comfort of our hotel met your standards.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at that this Extended Stay for 17 nights while relocating to Tampa for a new job. I was very happy with the level of customer service provided by the front desk. The staff was always available, friendly, and very willing and able to help. The studio room I stayed in was adequate – a passable size for one person, though it would be tight for two people. Overall, it was clean and comfortable. My only minor complaint about my stay was the level of noise from other guests. Obviously, the hotel cannot be blamed for the number of drunk, inconsiderate people that would roam the halls yelling and bickering during early morning hours. If anything, the hotel staff should be commended for addressing these issues when they occurred, and helping as best they could to remind other guests to be quiet. Other positive points about this hotel – the location is in a safe area and very convenient for accessing major highways, malls, and restaurants. The free “grab n go” breakfast was appreciated – having instant access to fresh coffee and fruit made getting up to go to work in the morning the slightest bit easier. In general, this hotel is as decent as it advertises itself – it’s best quality probably being the wonderful staff that assists at the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GWARnachos
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing a great experience for you. We appreciate you letting us know about the guest noise issue and we apologize for the disturbance. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to remedy the issue when they occurred. Also, it is great to now that the hotel amenities and hotel location met your needs.

Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future and congratulation on your new job opportunity.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Good front desk service, rooms as promised except.....mine had more of a musty odor than it should have even in florida, especially the bathroom, otherwise pretty clean....weird locaiton but near the airport. Would love to hear mgmt comment about Brennen432 experience

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Paul - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the friendliness of our front desk staff. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.