“Modern, Clean, Quiet and Well Price !! What More Can You Ask For ?”

Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street
Ranked #120 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Everything at this hotel was great, It is in a very convenient location. The hotel is modern, clean and quiet .The beds are so comfortable. It has a nice free breakfast Jessica the manager is very helpful and welcoming. She does way more than any other manager I have seen. There are several superstar front desk employees here including Margi, Gino, Adriana and Dunet, They make you feel welcomed and treat you like family. I always request the same housekeeper Marlin to come in as she was extremely thorough and left my room spotless. I will definitely be back to this hotel whenever I am in Tampa, and highly recommend it to those traveling for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: This is awesome because the whole place us smoke free so if your a smoker you will have to go outsid...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Baxter B

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Definitely needs major renovations. The walls and ceilings are super thin; could hear other guests even on the top floor (3rd). Kitchen supplies OK; fridge was old/beaten looking. Staff super friendly. Should offer toiletries in rooms instead of at the front desk. Housekeeping not offered for us since we weren't staying 8+ days: this was odd and should be remedied. There's much room to grow for this hotel, but as it stands it is a nice, average hotel for a good price.
I suggest adding hair dryers/toiletries in the rooms instead of at the front desk, adding housekeeping service for stays 4 or more days long, remodeling the kitchenettes with more updated and clean looking appliances (our oven fan only worked on high, and the light only came on sometimes; our fridge had a dent in the freezer door and one of our ice trays looked stained and old), adding a sheer curtain between the blackout curtain and the window, adding "real" closets to the rooms instead of a pull back curtain in the corner, and installing a continental breakfast bar in a separate kitchen/dining facility. Minor renovations, but could serve the hotel well in the future!
We were pleasantly satisfied with our stay here, and definitely think this hotel has some room to grow.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Erin M
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very cheap construction (paper thin walls/floors), you hear every single thing that people do or say in the other rooms, if you stay on the ground floor you will hear very loud noises (steps and cabinet/doors closing) from the people staying above you, and this happens all the time, really annoying, you won't be able to sleep until they decide to go to sleep.
The only thing the staff says is "I'm sorry" but they don't do anything.
If they don't have any other rooms available then you're stuck.
Also, the beds and the carpets are full with bed bugs, I had to make sure to spray the bed and the bed sheets with disinfectant before going to sleep in order no to get stung.
It's the worst hotel that I've stayed in; I guess you get what you pay for anyways.

Room Tip: - Request a room on the top floor. - Spray the bed and bed sheets with disinfectant before going to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank M G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

MG - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the loud noises in your room is truly regrettable; we apologize that you were disturbed by our other guests above and around you. I am so disappointed to read that the level of cleanliness did not meet our company standards and that you were overall unsatisfied with your stay. Please accept my apologies for having to deal with these issues, we are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel's Manager, I will be looking into the comments you made, looking for ways to enhance our cleaning procedures and we will advise guests to choose our higher floors as you suggested.

Please contact me at tws@extendedstay.com if you would like to speak to me directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The room smelled...not terrible, but it was there. I found a bobby pin on the floor. I don't feel the room was cleaned well. Not sure if floor was vacuumed. Some of the kitchen items were dirty...even though they were in the cupboard. They give you the BARE MINIMUM of kitchen items. Bring your own dish soap and a scrubby. Other things you will need is shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, lotion. They really need to add a few more things. I found the best thing about staying here was that the staff was friendly, except for the guy behind the desk early morning. I wonder if he had just been plucked from somewhere and told to sit there to make a presence. TIP! Go to a dollar store and pick some kitchen things up if you are going to be there for awhile. I won't stay at an extended stay again. Oh, and they don't give up wake up calls. I have never been to a hotel that doesn't do this.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank k t

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and providing feedback about your experience. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously improve our guest’s experience. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean, comfortable room while you are our guest. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. We will coach our team to provide better service and a clean room in the future. We will also remind our staff to highlight the fact that we do offer hair dryers, shampoo, and other toiletries at the front desk.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and it's great to hear that you appreciated our friendly staff. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TWS@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hotel was a little hard to find and not on a main street. Accommodations were fine...only drawback was we were told they had no handicap equipped rooms. Fairly good value, staff was friendly and tried to help as much as possible. Grab and go breakfast was okay as well.

Room Tip: Very quiet location.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank matflorida
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and considered our hotel to be a great value. As well, I am glad that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast as well as the quietness of our hotel.

The staff and I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to post your review. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to this area!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The hotel is located very near to the Airport and reasonably priced. This gives better options to travelers from near by area (like Sarasota) to catch early morning flights, without worrying about traffic. Has good airport shuttle service.
Many options to eat nearby.
The property is very clean and calm.

Room Tip: Good place to stay Near by Airport OR catching flights if you are staying outside Tampa.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PuneTraveller2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our central location. Also, I am glad to that the cleanliness and and comfort of our hotel met your standards.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at that this Extended Stay for 17 nights while relocating to Tampa for a new job. I was very happy with the level of customer service provided by the front desk. The staff was always available, friendly, and very willing and able to help. The studio room I stayed in was adequate – a passable size for one person, though it would be tight for two people. Overall, it was clean and comfortable. My only minor complaint about my stay was the level of noise from other guests. Obviously, the hotel cannot be blamed for the number of drunk, inconsiderate people that would roam the halls yelling and bickering during early morning hours. If anything, the hotel staff should be commended for addressing these issues when they occurred, and helping as best they could to remind other guests to be quiet. Other positive points about this hotel – the location is in a safe area and very convenient for accessing major highways, malls, and restaurants. The free “grab n go” breakfast was appreciated – having instant access to fresh coffee and fruit made getting up to go to work in the morning the slightest bit easier. In general, this hotel is as decent as it advertises itself – it’s best quality probably being the wonderful staff that assists at the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GWARnachos
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing a great experience for you. We appreciate you letting us know about the guest noise issue and we apologize for the disturbance. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to remedy the issue when they occurred. Also, it is great to now that the hotel amenities and hotel location met your needs.

Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future and congratulation on your new job opportunity.