Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #1 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Lake City, Florida
“Wow. Trust the reviews!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Let me start by saying that I travel 100 nights per year and have been for the past ten years. I stay at Marriotts, Hiltons, Sheratons and Boutique Hotels. I have never seen a hotel's employees always bringing their A game. I was so impressed by this that I am writing my first hotel review ever! Every employee I came into contact with was OUTSTANDING! Every employee I saw would smile and acknowledge me each time they saw me. Wanda from housekeeping asked me how my day was while I was in the elevator with her. In every hotel that I normally stay, the housekeepers won't look at me, let alone engage in pleasant conversation. Every desk clerk was great and never seemed bothered to answer my questions. I have to give extra recognition to Mark. He took care of scanning that I needed completed all while registering other customers, answering the phones and answering questions of others. He remained calm, professional and concerned with each customer's request. Breakfast was better than what I have had at other Holiday Inn Express' or Hampton Inn. Nicole was OUTSTANDING! Oh and, George, the manager, was at breakfast talking to the customers asking for feedback on each person's stay. I've NEVER seen this. The room is what you would expect at Holiday Inn Express. Nothing more, nothing less.
I was in town visiting family. When I return to Tampa again, this is where I will be staying.

2 Thank Bill A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel because:
1. Rated # 1 by tripadvisor
2. 5 minutes away from family that I was visiting.
3. Priority hotel rewards.

Hotel was everything tripadvisor said it was:

1. Great Location, right off main highways, theater and restaurants near by, easy to find.
2. Staff super friendly and helpful. They offer you a drink at check-in, water or beer and ice cream in the evening. Nice Touch!
3. Super clean propery inside and out, Rooms immaculately cleaned.
4. Nice breakfast, very well stocked and maintened at all times, stayed 6 days and never seen it run out of food.
5. Great beds, didn't have any problems sleeping.
6. Felt very safe in the area, well lite.
7. Nice pool.
8. Nice decor.
9. Small fitness area but typical for these properties.
Great stay, definately will return.

Room Tip: Didn't have any problems with location of room.
Oswaldtwistle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

we stayed at this hotel after visiting Busch Gardens - the hotel was excellent value, clean with excellent facilities - but what set it apart from most other hotels was the staff - they were warm and welcoming and could not do enough to make your stay as comfortable as possible - one on best hotels we have stayed in

1 Thank susanm398513
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

From check-in with Mark and Judy to check- out with Lois our experience at this Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites was exceptionally positive.
The room could not have been more comfortable or better equipped for our every need. Breakfast was all we could have wanted including a warm and welcoming greeting from Nicole (who made certain that everyone in the dining room had all that they needed) and the General Manager, George (who made certain that everyone in the dining room had been satisfied with their entire stay). We will both recommend this location and revisit it.
The Hightowers

• Stayed April 2013
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

We had a nice stay here I'm sorry we left. I'm convinced this is the best value in Tampa I've looked hi and lo. The rooms were spacious place was immaculately clean. The only thing I didn't like that the pools were cold and no outdoor hot tub. However they did have one in the executive suite but that's not what I was looking for. Allin all if I ever return to Tampa I would stay here hands down!

St Margarets, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Family of 7 stayed for 1 night before visiting Busch Gardens. Extremely friendly/helpful staff (free ice cream and beer on arrival), very clean, large comfortable rooms and free breakfast which we were not aware of so added bonus! Great proximity to Busch Gardens and very reasonable rates. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank clairep988
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We cannot speak highly enough of this hotel. My wife,13 year old daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights during the spring break period to get some rest from the Orlando theme parks and to explore some of Tampa and Clearwater Beach etc. From the moment we checked in the staff were polite and helpful. We arrived a little early but we were offered breakfast and a room was found for us which was spotlessly clean and more than adequate for effectively 3 adult sized people. A special thank you to the General Manager George, who was extremely helpful during his morning breakfast round, ensuring everyone was happy and offering plenty of local advice if required. We went on a couple of fantastic trips thanks to his direction (kayaking with manatee, Tarpon Springs, Busch Gardens) and are very grateful. For those less adventurous there are plenty of restaurants and a movie theatre in walking distance which add up to making this hotel a real gem. Thanks George and hope to see you again some day.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family