Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #1 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We booked this HIE due to its prominence on TA. Trust me: there's nothing amazing at all about this place. The staff is nice and friendly for sure, but that's pretty much normative. The sink in the bathroom didn't drain properly. The TV controlller needed a new battery and you needed a PhD in engineering (my husband has a Master's) to get the blasted thing to the channel you wanted. The room was the ubiquitous HIE room. The breakfast a tad batter, but only a tad. They had two 8 slice toasters and the bagels were a better quality than usual but still formerly frozen. They did serve ice cream sandwiches at 8pm which was nice. But, the place was pricey and way way out of any Tampa sights and the city itself.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rojersey
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Ro,

Thank you for choosing our hotel! We appreciate you candid insights and will use them to improve. I apologize with the problem you had with the television - through our normal processes, this has been corrected.

We hope that you will travel our way and give us another opportunity to make your stay in Tampa a great one.

Again, thank for your thoughtful review.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We happened to stay in the hotel last week and the stay was comfortable. The rooms were clean and the service was very good. The food was good too. Its good for its price. I would like to stay there again next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Suganya90

Honored Guest,

Thank you for staying with us! I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed our guest rooms, the breakfast and the service we love to provide.

We are proud to have earned your return stay and look forward to serving you again.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed at this Holiday Inn on I-75 on August 16-18, 2013.
The atmosphere was enjoyable, the front desk clerk was accommodating and the complimentary
buffet breakfast was very delightful and offered a varied assortment of items each day and the entire stay at this hotel was comfortable.

This was a leisure trip to visit my son who works in Tampa and definitely worth the trip.
Yes, I would stay at this Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: the rear of the hotel was more quiet and away from traffic
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank tg2151
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear TG,

We enjoyed having you stay, and it will be an honor to serve your family again!

Wishing you Happy & Safe travels,

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel is a little out of the way, but that means its quiet. Our room was spotless and cleaned every day. The breakfast was self-service so no problem picking what you wanted, they even had an electric pancake maker. The pool is small but more than adequate and well stocked with clean towels. But by far the best thing about this hotel is the staff, every one we encountered was friendly, helpful and couldn't do enough to help! More expensive hotels could learn a lot from the staff here. Can't commend them high enough! This is what customer service should be like!

Room Tip: As the hotel is off the main road, there is little outside noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank june k
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear June,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We have a great location and I am very lucky to have such a loving team of people serving our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The property itself was above average for a HIE. It was under remodel, but the staff and crew did a great job of hiding it. There was no inconvenience and the property was very clean.

The big story here, though is the people.

I checked in late and was warmly greeted by the front desk clerk. While at breakfast the first morning, I was approached by the General Manager who asked about my stay and was genuinely concerned about his staff's service. Every employee I met was friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make me feel welcomed. They offered a drink upon check-in (beer or water) and ice cream in the evenings.

Great property, but the people and service made all the difference. Great job!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank KingMagnus
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your compliments on our people, and the hospitality you received. Our goal has always been to provide fresh & inviting accommodations, but to earn your return trip with our service.

Thanks again, for staying with us! I am happy that we hit the mark and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express twice this year. We wanted to visit Busch Gardens and searched thru Tripadvisor. Many other accommodations might be closer and we have stayed at several but, none match up to this hotel. While other hotels are either dirty or in a really bad neighborhood, I highly recommend staying at this Holiday Inn Express.

This hotel is sparkly clean and has unlimited amenities in the room. At the check-in you are welcomed by absolutely friendly staff and complimentary beer or water as well as free ice cream in the evening. The rooms are simply immaculate and match up to and exceed most other hotels which even have a five star rating.

We had two different rooms during our stay. One time a regular 2 queen bed standard room which was great. The other time we had a 2 room suite since we had 3 kids with us. The suite even has a jacuzzi, large living room area. Each room is equipped with their own LED TVs. A really nice feature is an overview of all the channels by channel and alphabetically which makes watching your favorite channel so much easier than at any other hotel. The beds are so comfortable with different types of pillows hard and soft.

During both stays we had a perfect and very quite room, a beautiful pool to relax in the afternoon and in the evening there are literally hundreds of places to eat nearby. The area is absolutely safe and the drive to Busch Gardens is a mere 12-14 minutes.

It is absolutely worth it and we will continue to stay at this lovely hotel. The Manager, George, was there in the morning and greeted the guests during breakfast and got their feedback if everything was ok during their stay. The breakfast buffet let me tell you.... I can't think of anything that is missing. It has everything from french toast, pancakes, eggs, omelet, bacon, sweet donuts and pastries, whole wheat breads, juices, milk, water, coffee and on and on and on. A perfect way to start the day. Other hotels who charge $15-$30 for their breakfast do not have to offer what this great place has.

Best regards and many compliments to all the staff. Keep up this fantastic standard. This hotel definitely deserves 10 out of 10 points.

We will be back for sure!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. If you come with a family, take a 2 bedroom suite. Wow, so fantastic and ro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Spoily
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Spoily,

Thanks for the awesome compliments! You pick up on so many of the details that we put thought into, like the channel guide, and the range of breakfast choices.

I am especially glad that you were able to experience the three room suite - it works great because the families can have space (and individual TV choices) without renting additional rooms.

Thanks again for the praise for our team and beloved hotel - we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Good location right off i-75, right near restaurants, right near local offices. Very comfortable, the staff always makes you feel right at home, very comfortable rooms, nice breakfast setup, and a refreshing pool to top it off. And don't forget the complimentary ice cream from 8 to 10! Best comfort and value in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chno

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for the compliments you have shared about the hotel and the great points you make about the area, as it relates to getting work done (restaurants, proximity to I75 offices). We especially like that you don't let the work get in the way of a trip to the pool!

We look forward to having you back soon so you can experience all of the great room upgrades that are happening in September.

Happy Travels!