Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #1 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Alpharetta, Georgia
“good staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here for a few weeks waiting for permanent housing in Tampa. Property was being renovated. Had previous issue with reservation but manager resolved quickly. Staff really strives for excellence in providing great customer service and experience for guest.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank sheila w
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Sheila,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! I hope that you have settled nicely into your new home and are enjoying Tampa.

Our renovation turned out great and our hotel has a very cool new contemporary look with a lot of great functional things, like putting fridges & microwaves in the standard rooms, integrated lighting and power at the headboards. I am not sure which room you stayed in, but the suites also got brand new 47" TV's which really make them feel like home.

Please tell your out of town friends & family where to stay when they come - we will give them the same excellent service that you received.

George Sandona, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Checked in late on Valentines day and the lady at the counter was so sweet, she gave my girlfriend and I both a beer for free, we were exhausted! Such a great way to end our night! We came during a hockey tournament so the kids in the hallway woke us up around 9, that was really the only bad thing. We told the guy at the front desk so he wrote us a sign that said "be quiet around elevators please" he was so funny and nice! He even moved our checkout to 1pm instead of 11am since we lost sleep...wow! The staff was so friendly and helpful our whole stay! The hotel was super clean. No mold in corners, no bugs, bed was great! Oh, also from 8-10pm they give all guests ice cream in the lobby for free. No doubt about it I would stay here every time I come to Tampa!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Webbteam,

I am glad we were able to provide a great Valentine's Day escape and that Brett helped you with a quieter, and longer, night of sleep.

Please don't wait until Valentines Day for your next escape - come see us again soon!

Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I spent a couple of nights with my wife and two kids sharing a suite which proved to be very comfy, quiet and functional. Excellent beds and beddings, large TV with premium cable, spotless bathroom, etc, all we needed at very reasonable prices and allowed a sound deep sleep (the location is quiet but convenient to many restaurants, shops and a large movie theater).

Great hot breakfast served, much better than what I recall is the standard Holiday Inn breakfast. Free ice cream on the evenings too!!

My special Kudos to Judy who helped us with an Expedia screw-up with the room type on which Expedia customer support proved helpless...

Room Tip: Any room is quiet, since it's off the may roads.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
georgeathisuites, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Fish,

Though we only met in passing as you said farewell, I am very happy to hear that Judy did her usual magic.

Our goal is for you to love Holiday Inn Express, and love our Express the best. I know it is a long trip from Santiago, but we hope that we will be serving you again soon.

Wishing you more Happy Travels,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

My son and I recently had a great trip to the Tampa area and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Tampa-I-75 @ Bruce B. Downs.

While we stayed for four days, retreating to our hotel for peace and quiet were very important and this hotel did NOT disappoint!

With our rental car, we were close to so many restaurants, shops and sights. There's even a Muvico Movie theatre a minute away from the hotel!

What impressed me more than anything was the incredibly friendly staff at the front desk. From check-in, to advice on local shopping malls, to the wonderful chat I had with the Hotel Manager while eating breakfast solo (my son decided to sleep in on our last day), our entire experience was beyond my expectations.

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express before in other cities and have always been happy with my stay. This experience was no different.

Each night we enjoyed a quiet, peaceful sleep on the more than comfortable beds, each with 4 pillows in a variety of softness.

The room was always clean when we returned from our day out. It was well stocked with just about everything I could ask for. About the only disappointment I actually had was that the room did not have it's own safe.

The breakfast which was included each morning of our stay was really a great bonus. Everything was always fresh and there was plenty of selection, whether you're indulging or trying to stay healthy.

We chose this particular HIE over another one close by because of the location of the hotel. Not necessary what it was close to but more importantly, what it was not!

Having a hotel right by the highway or airport may sound convenient, but when you're trying to get a good nights' sleep, or sleep in, you quickly realize what a poor decision that is! We stayed on the second floor, facing the outdoor pool.

This was our first trip to Tampa but not our last and I can say without a doubt, we WILL be back.

Check the hotel out, you WON'T be disappointed!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 233, overlooking the pool and it was nice and quiet!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Darren,

I am so very glad that we were able to deliver on a great stay for yourself and your son. Your choice of the studio suite was a good one - more space and a 47" TV to boot!

When our hotel was built, I was curious about being tucked away in the preserve, but my experience is that once guests try us out - they keep coming back. We are very lucky to have so many great places to walk to, as well.

It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to your next visit!

-George Sandona, General Manager
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Long dark strands all over the chair. Dark pubic hairs in the shower. I was so disgusted I didn't even shower. I showered as soon as I checked into another hotel the following day. I should have complained but I didn't feel like the hassle of changing rooms, also the woman at the front desk when I checked in was rather unpleasant. It's not a requirement to be kind - but it should be in a field referred to as the "hospitality industry".

If any management should read this I checked-in on 1/30 at 1130am and I was in a room on the second floor.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Avian32
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Avian,

Thank you for your feedback - I am so sorry about this experience! As you can tell from prior reviews, we take great pride in delivering spotlessly clean accommodations.

I would have loved the opportunity to assist you while you were still at the hotel, but you have my word that this will be shared with the entire team. We care about every guest experience and feel terrible when we miss a critical detail.

I would love another chance provide the flawless experience you deserve. Please call me directly, and I will be happy to provide personal assistance for your last stay, or a future trip.

George Sandona, GM
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here several times whenever we visit Tampa. It's a good price and a great hotel. The service is great, they offer free wifi, it has clean and modern rooms, and it is close to many restaurants and the interstate. I would definitely recommend this Holiday Inn to anyone. It is very hard find a great hotel for an affordable rate, this is it!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alyssa L
Dear Alyssa,

Thanks for the great recommendation. We are so happy that our service, our great location and our rooms have brought you back, again and again.

Come see us again soon and you can count on another great stay!

-George Sandona, General Manager
Unterseen, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed here with family... Went to Busch Gardens from here not to far away.
We like staying at a Holiday Inn Express, so far we had always a good experience.
Clean and spacious rooms. Staff was nice and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tanja H
Dear Tanja,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to have earned your 5 star rating, but more happy that we provided you with the value and service you deserve.

We hope to see you in Tampa on future trips!