Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #1 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor. We loved it! Everybody was over the top kind! The place is very clean! If you want to stay somewhere that is reasonably priced, clean, friendly, close access to the interstate, and quiet this is the place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PSinternational
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Mr. & Mrs. PS,

We appreciate your kind words and your 5 Star recommendation. Your comments will be shared with our entire team.

Thank you for staying with us - we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was here for business and this was a pleasant stay. The customer service was excellent, the area where the hotel is located is nice. The room was clean, comfortable and the bed was comfortable. The TV had a lot of stations to choose from so you won't get bored. I enjoyed my stay and definitely would stay here in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MsT2011

Dear MsT,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel! I am glad that we could provide a comfortable environment for your business trip. I am especially pleased that your recognized our awesome Guest Service Team. I am lucky to have such a committed group.

I hope that your business brings you back soon, but if you want to come back for fun & relaxation, we're here for that too.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We were extremely happy with our stay. The hotel was very, very clean. The rooms were nicely updated with lots of outlets in the room to charge all of our mobile devices.

The area where this is located is quiet. The hotel staff was very friendly and the general manager had his cell phone number in the elevators in case you have any issues with the hotel. Now that is terrific customer service.

Bonus: The hotel is close to both a Starbucks and a Dunkin' Donuts so that you can easily get the coffee of your choice!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank novimichigan01

Dear Novi,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel! It's a great point you make about Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts coffee within walking distance. For me, it's the Panera Pastries paired with the Starbucks Coffee. That is, of course, when I am not enjoying one of our world famous cinnamon rolls.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed our team and our hotel. Please come see us again soon!

George Sandona, General Manager

PS. For the skeptical readers, yes, it's really my personal cell number and I receive as many calls for compliments as I do for additional service. #proudofmyteam

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights after Disney and before our flight back home. The staff is really nice and helpful, our room was REALLY clean and that is important for me... We had time to spare so we went for a quick dip in the pool which was so nice that we ended up passing the whole afternoon there! I will be back there that's a guarantee!! Keep up your good work!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
georgeathisuites, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guy,

Thank you for your compliments! The housekeeping team will be especially proud to have earned your high marks.

We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you on your next Tampa trip.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Everything well taken care of. Spotless, comfortable, great breakfast choices, very friendly, helpful staff. Close to restaurants, attractions and shopping.
Hands on general manager, George, takes a personal interest in your stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear KIH,

I love it when we earn the high marks from a Senior Contributer to Tripadvisor. My team works tirelessly to deliver the those spotless rooms, great breakfasts and warm hospitality.

I am glad that you experienced all of the above.

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is the second time me, my wife and toddler boy stay at this hotel and both times the service and cleanness of this property has been consistent.
Because we stay just a day and both times we leave after 5am to catch an early flight we did not have time to try the breakfast and some other facilities at this property. But the amenities we used are pretty good (pool, free ice cream bars!!!, baby crib).
The property is located in a quiet neighborhood but well positioned because a Muvico theater is around the corner, a Publix is not far away, a bunch of restaurants are minutes away and the entrance to the express way is down the street.
Even though, the hotel is a kind of far away from Tampa and the airport, next time my family and I stop in Tampa, we will seriously take this property into consideration for our lodging needs.

FYI
Five minutes away is an ice cream shop name Twisty treats. If you like ice cream you should try it!! (wink, wink)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PTDperro

Dear PTD,

Thanks for visiting staying with us again. Your return stay is a great compliment in itself and you found the Twistee Treat!

We appreciate your compliments and we look forward to serving you again.

Happy Travels, George Sandona

Reviewed 2 March 2014

In February, my wife and I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Tampa, Florida. The people at the desk were very helpful and considerate. The manager gave us excellent ideas about attractions in the downtown Tampa area which were indoors. We definitely enjoyed the ice cream that the hotel offered in the evenings. Also, the breakfasts featured the delicious cinnamon buns. We certainly would stay at this hotel again, as the room was very nice and quiet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Richard,

Thank you for recommending our hotel! Our goal is to make every part of your Tampa stay better, whether it's breakfast, room comfort or helping you find the best Tampa destinations for your travel preferences. I sounds like we succeeded.

Your kind words are sincerely appreciated, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.