“Fabulous family friendly hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #1 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is definitely the best Holiday Inn Express we have stayed at, and such a great location for our 3 days at Busch Gardens, about 6-8 miles away.

The staff couldn't do enough for us. The rooms are spacious although slightly noisy with the in-room window a/c unit (so that was put to bed!). The breakfast selection was awesome for a HIE hotel albeit space is limited at peak times. Check out the pancake machine! A wee brucie bonus is the free ice cream between 8-10pm which is fab; our girls & the grown-up children loved! The free safe deposit box was on the small side but great for passports, small devices etc., so we couldn't store our iPad in it but the staff stored it in the manager's office which was fine.

If you go through Busch Garden's website, this HIE is a preferred partner hotel. Book through BG and the tickets and hotel are combined into a great value vacation. We have no hesitation in returning back to this hotel for BG. Well done.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen D
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Stephen,

It sounds like we were able to make the entire family happy and that is our simple mission - that everyone leaves a little happier when they arrived.

Thanks for mentioning our Busch Gardens Packages - these can also be reserved directly through the hotel, and we have onsite discount passes for Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and Seaworld.

We are honored to have served your family and look forward to seeing you on future vacations!

Wishing you more Happy Travels!

-George Sandona, General Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We loved the location and the hotel. The rooms were very clean and breakfast was really good. I think that they should have at least one housekeeper to bring towels in the evening versus the front desk saying come get them, other than that it was a really good stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Theresa H

Dear Theresa,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your feedback regarding the towel service. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, our cleanliness and our breakfast.

We look forward to having you visit again soon!

-George Sandona, General Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2014

There are few words needed to describe the Holiday Inn Express, I-75 Tampa, Fl. Clean, quiet, comfortable, great location and SUPER staff. This equals a GREAT STAY. The breakfast has the average items you would find in any Express hotel, good but not super.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank B52Gunner

Dear Lubbock,

Thank you for your 5 Star recommendation. We are proud to be part of a great brand (Holiday Inn Express) and I am proud to have such a great team to serve you.

I am glad that the stay was not just great, but GREAT, and hope that we will be serving you again soon!

Happy Travels,
George Sandona, General Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Would definitely stay again! This hotel is in a great location, close to restaurants and even a movie theater. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. We loved the free ice cream each night! It was a short drive to Bush Gardens. A great stay. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. very easy drive to Busch Gardens & Adventure Island. We stayed in the Presidential Suite as it has 2 bedrooms & 3 TV's, which we need with a 5 yr old boy & 11 yr old girl. The place was always clean with a nice large living room for space to stretch out. Our only problem is we compared it to the Staybridge Suites we stayed in Orlando that has a larger fridge & a dining table for 4 (here is small 2 seater). We like to eat in as it is easier with the kids so the larger table would be better suited to a 2 bedroom. The folks at the front desk we very efficient & friendly. We would definitely return if we stay in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mcriss50
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Loved this place and would stay again if in Tampa.

If I could stay here and sleep a vacation away, I would. The bed was just so fantastic.

My room, although on the smaller side, was clean and daily maintenance staff did a great job of keeping it that way. A drawback in the area at the time of my stay was construction on the roads and highway nearby. The activity caused a great delay in travel.

The hotel is located in what appears to be a safe area that also has many restaurants and lots of shopping.

Key Note: If you're visiting the Clearwater area, this hotel is approximately a one hour drive in distance (highway construction/repair/and traffic congestion appear to be a factor).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

so when you get one amazing clerk, that's great, you get two, awesome -- but when after two weeks you have dealt with 5 people and each person is friendly, upbeat, so helpful and just really seems to give a damn about you -- you know that there is incredible leadership behind this hotel....its ingrained in the culture, so my hat off to you whoever runs this place........the only reason its not a 5 - noisy rooms, or more likely noisy neighbors, and the breakfast was not that great to me (though I am a picky health food nut , to most its probably great.....but as I don't do gluten, or sugary things -- and avoid processed food it was limiting, but with a fridge in the room you just get your own

Room Tip: corner room top floor.