Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #1 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our family of four stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. We could not have been happier with our overall experience! Every single staff member was professional, courteous, and tended to every need we could have asked for. The hotel is located in a great quiet location which is great as well! The pool is very kid friendly and is kept very clean. The breakfast here is actually very good too! Many things to choose from while having the luxury of taking it up to your room for the waking kids! Just too many great things about this hotel and staff to list! The professional, friendly staff everywhere you look made our stay feel like home to us and we will definitely be back if we are in the area again!

Room Tip: We stayed in rm 215 and it was a great room!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Victor,

Thanks for the great compliments to our team and hotel! As you could see during our two week stay, we are driven to excel at service.

It was a pleasure to serve you and we thank you both for your service to country.

We look forward to seeing you again on a future trip.

George Sandona, General manager

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This property was extremely clean and convenient to restaurants and shopping. Most importantly for us it was convenient to our destination. However I might not have recommended it based on the reservation system/process. My initial reservation process was very frustrating and it didn't help that our family was dealing with something very serious at the time. It was Lois at the front desk who was able to correct the situation. She made our stay as comfortable as possible! She really turned the situation around. I can honestly say I would book here again if I needed to stay in that area. Our stay was back in March of 2014 and I just knew I couldn't let this go without saying thank you Lois!!! Sorry for how long this took to write!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura_in_CentralFL

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your kind words! Lois is excellent when everything goes smoothly, and even better when there is a challenge to overcome. I am sorry about any difficulty in reserving the room, but glad that she was there to make things right.

It is a great compliment that you came back to commend her and recommend our hotel after several months.

We look forward to serving your family again in the future!

George Sandona, Genral Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel is SUPER CLEAN. Room is so nice. Wonderful mattress and bathroom. Hotel has laundry units (really new)...Has a Friday's within walking distance! We just stayed there last week on vacation to Busch Gardens and it was such a welcomed surprise. The front desk staff was amazing. Especially Lois. She made our stay. So sweet and helpful and always wanting to make our stay so much better. Rare to find someone go the extra mile....
Helpful with restaurant ideas, directions to park. So kind to my son. She really was an added bonus to an already great stay.

I will definitely recommend this hotel and return as soon as we can!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor. IT has the laundry units on same floor (ice is on 2 and 4 floors).

Dear Mayra,

Thank you for your 5 Star Review! As Guest Service Reps go, Lois is definitely a rock star. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel, noticed the cleanliness and that you had the time to experience all of the great restaurants and shops that you can walk to.

I hope that we will be serving you again soon!

Happy Travels,
George Sandona, General Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is definitely the best Holiday Inn Express we have stayed at, and such a great location for our 3 days at Busch Gardens, about 6-8 miles away.

The staff couldn't do enough for us. The rooms are spacious although slightly noisy with the in-room window a/c unit (so that was put to bed!). The breakfast selection was awesome for a HIE hotel albeit space is limited at peak times. Check out the pancake machine! A wee brucie bonus is the free ice cream between 8-10pm which is fab; our girls & the grown-up children loved! The free safe deposit box was on the small side but great for passports, small devices etc., so we couldn't store our iPad in it but the staff stored it in the manager's office which was fine.

If you go through Busch Garden's website, this HIE is a preferred partner hotel. Book through BG and the tickets and hotel are combined into a great value vacation. We have no hesitation in returning back to this hotel for BG. Well done.

1  Thank Stephen D

Dear Stephen,

It sounds like we were able to make the entire family happy and that is our simple mission - that everyone leaves a little happier when they arrived.

Thanks for mentioning our Busch Gardens Packages - these can also be reserved directly through the hotel, and we have onsite discount passes for Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and Seaworld.

We are honored to have served your family and look forward to seeing you on future vacations!

Wishing you more Happy Travels!

-George Sandona, General Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We loved the location and the hotel. The rooms were very clean and breakfast was really good. I think that they should have at least one housekeeper to bring towels in the evening versus the front desk saying come get them, other than that it was a really good stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Theresa H

Dear Theresa,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your feedback regarding the towel service. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, our cleanliness and our breakfast.

We look forward to having you visit again soon!

-George Sandona, General Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2014

There are few words needed to describe the Holiday Inn Express, I-75 Tampa, Fl. Clean, quiet, comfortable, great location and SUPER staff. This equals a GREAT STAY. The breakfast has the average items you would find in any Express hotel, good but not super.

1  Thank B52Gunner

Dear Lubbock,

Thank you for your 5 Star recommendation. We are proud to be part of a great brand (Holiday Inn Express) and I am proud to have such a great team to serve you.

I am glad that the stay was not just great, but GREAT, and hope that we will be serving you again soon!

Happy Travels,
George Sandona, General Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Would definitely stay again! This hotel is in a great location, close to restaurants and even a movie theater. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. We loved the free ice cream each night! It was a short drive to Bush Gardens. A great stay. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family