We started our trip in Naples where my husband had business meetings. While in Naples we stayed in a pricey little hotel (Inn on Fifth) that this Holiday Inn blew right out of the water. Sure the Inn in Naples was in a nicer spot for walking and shopping but the room here was much nicer.
When I booked our pkg. thru Busch gardens all that was available were rooms with 2 queen beds. When we were checking in I asked if they had rooms available with 1 king bed? She said sure if we didn't mind the ground floor. Our room was just a few doors from the front desk with a very nice pool view. We never did use the pool as we were gone all day.
The room was spacious, nice flat screen T.V., the bed comfy and the bathroom had all sorts of amenities. There was no hallway noise on the 2 nights we were here.
The complimentry breakfast had hot omelettes, sausage patties and assorted cereals, pastries, fruits and juices, the second morning there was scrambled eggs and bacon for the hot part. Very friendly staff in charge of keeping everything stocked.
In the evening they provide a self serve ice cream treat by the front desk.
The first night we walked down the road about 5 minutes to a Ruby Tuesday for something to eat. It was okay. The next night we went directly across the street to a little restaurant with maybe a dozen tables. They seemed busier with take out orders than diners, it was a Sunday night. They had a combo sushi and thai menu. The staff was great, when we debated on what to order they had great suggestions and thought we should probably share our main entree after the sushi we ordered for our appy. That was plenty of food for us and surprising in that we would have probably ordered too much and spent more if not for our waiter.
There is a big theatre, I think 20 screens, within a couple minutes walk here too.
So even though this Holiday Inn is kinda off the main drag and surrounded by trees and in a quiet area there is still a few things you can walk to and stretch your legs. Oh and we enjoyed Busch gardens too, approx. 15 minute drive away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find out why New Tampa is the 'Place To Be' The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is closest in New Tampa to Busch Gardens and University of South Florida (USF). This beautiful Hotel & Suites is located in the pristine 'New Tampa' area of Tampa and is easy to get to at I-75 exit 270. The hotel is close to everything; yet it is nestled in a peaceful nature preserve area. New Tampa is exciting, clean, fresh and new with over 15 restaurants and 5 golf courses. From the hotel you can walk to the new 20 screen movie theater, restaurants and shopping.This Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is recognized as having one of the best guest service ratings of any hotel in the country. It features a heated outdoor pool with lushly landscaped grounds, free high-speed Internet access in all rooms, wireless access in public areas, a business center, fitness center and the hotel s own putting green. The 27 suites also include a wet bar and 47" TV's. Executive suites & presidential suites feature Jacuzzi tubs, glass enclosed showers and multiple TV sets. This is the closest Express in New Tampa to Busch Gardens, USF-University of South Florida, DTCC, T-Mobile, USAA, Verizon, Coca-Cola, Achieve Global, Washington Mutual, JLM Industries, Telecom Park, Hidden River, Highwoods Preserve, Museum of Science & Industry, Moffitt Cancer Center and more. Pets under 35lbs are allowed in a limited number of guest rooms with a $50 deep clean fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs Florida