“Best Holiday Inn ever, period.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #1 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Based on the more than raving reviews here, I chose this hotel for an overnight stay on our road trip. And the expectations were even surpassed. From the complimentary beer (and another one!) at the checkin, free ice cream for the kids, a perfectly temperated and clean pool to the very friendly and competent front desk, the hotel can match up with 4 and 5 stars I've been to easily. A huge flat TV on the room, fast internet and a clean bathroom completed the excellent impression. Finally, the breakfast was the best I ever had at a holiday inn express - given the presence of "real" dishes, a wide choice of tea and juices and overall very good quality and freshness of the food, this by far overexcels the usual express start breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank redrat72

Reviewed 6 August 2009

My family including my 80 yr. old father had a wonderful time at Holiday Express New Tampa. We bought the package for Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. We booked the two bedroom suite. Everyone in our party of six had plenty of room to relax and have privacy. The beds were super comfortable, the kitchen area was very helpful, separate Tv's, and towels and blankets delivered to our door was impressive. We did not have any time to enjoy the pool in our three day stay is our only regret. The breakfasts were awesome and icecream provided at night was a treat that our three young adults enjoyed. We will stay their again in the future when we get down in that area. Too bad it is not on the beach!!! It was a very classy hotel with wonderful employees!!!

1  Thank Sanddollarlover
Reviewed 3 August 2009

For the price, which was $100/night, the place was absolutely incredible. The service was impeccable - a welcoming drink when you come in, ice cream in the evening and a full breakfast in the morning. The room was huge and our king-size bed was the most comfortable both of us had ever slept in. Even the pillows were super comfy, coming in two types - soft and firm.

The only thing that could be considered negative about the hotel is its location - it's pretty far from downtown Tampa and even farther from the beach. However, we came to Tampa to go canoeing at the Hillborough River and Canoe Escape was about five minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Our family has stayed in a lot of hotels and this was the best family value by far. Extremely clean. Staff was exceptionally nice. Very nice free breakfast, free ice cream at night, free drink at check-in. Kid friendly. Really a tremendous value.

Reviewed 17 July 2009

My family and I stayed here from 7/13 to 7/17. It was wonderful! It is about 15 mins. from Busch Gardens. While it is located in a quiet area, it is close to many places to eat. The rooms and pool were very clean. The landscaping at the pool was lush and had a tropical feel to it. Each night from 8:00 to 10:00, they have complimentary ice cream in the lobby. My child loved it and looked forward to it each night! The staff is very helpful and even had directions printed out to local attractions. The fitness room had several types of equipment with 2 treadmills. The breakfast was great and had healthy options as well as eggs, bacon, and pastries.Overall, an excellent stay! TIP: It is about 40 mins. to Clearwater Beach.

Reviewed 26 May 2009

Thanks Kathy (general manager) and your staff .this was a great stay at this location .my family ( The Patterson) and i will come back for a stay again next time in town . this is one of the best hotels around I've seen , very clean, way above average , not far all the activities in Tampa and beaches ..i would recommend..definitely

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2009

To start, our check-in guy was fabulous. When he found out we were celebrating a birthday, he pulled out all the stops: an upgrade to a studio suite, coupons for the movie theater next door, and her favorite restaurant. Thanks, Richie, you rock!

This HI is top-rated in Fla. and highly-rated on tripadvisor for many good reasons, so let me give you a few:

1) Location is right off I-75 in a new neighborhood, with just about any restaurant, store, entertainment or service (doctor, dentist, haircut) that you could possibly want or need. By the way, Busch Gardens is about 15 minutes away, but, trust me, it's better to stay a little ways from town.
2) Police presence-- cop car always out front and officers eating breakfast in the mornings. I had no worries about my vehicle or personal safety.
3) Added-value amenities: Complimentary ice-cream novelties at night and hot/cold breakfast offerings in the morning.
4) Hotel is new and well-kept. It looks clean, inside and out, and has nice landscaping. Housekeeping does a wonderful job and offers many optional goodies like mouthwash and shower caps, etc.

A few nit-picky things the hotel could improve on, in my opinion:
1) Pool water needs to be a little warmer and the pool towels ran out (but I didn't ask for more-- so, to be fair, the staff didn't have the chance to respond).
2) I wish the hotel was entirely smoke-free (zero smoking rooms). We had a non-smoking room and never smelled smoke at all, but it is an allergy as well as safety concern. (I'm not fond of unnecessary fire. <smile>)

P.S. I forgot to take pictures of the hotel, only got Busch Gardens and restaurant shots, but I will try to add them if we're able to return!

P.P.S. Trying to decide between a studio and regular room? Well, you get more space (probably about 10 feet more lengthwise) with a small couch and coffee table, plus a bar sink, microwave and dorm-size fridge (big enough for a gallon of milk, oj, and fruit).

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family