“Great Deal!”

Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
Ranked #39 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 11 November 2011

This little gem of a hotel is tucked away off I-75 in a quiet area, but very close to Bush Gardens USF and the hospitals. It shares a parking lot with an IHOP but everything else you can need it right there on Fowler Avenue. The hotel room was very clean and the beds very comfortable. The rate was excellent and the free continental breakfast was fresh and abundant. I will use it again on my trips to Moffitt Cancer Center.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear Guest,
I hope treatment at the Moffitt turns out very positive & helpful. We hear a lot about the Center from other guests & I am sure, you will have the same good experience. Thank for choosing our Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs & thank you also for the feed back. We look forward for your future trips to Tampa & to us. Surely your family & friends will also patronize our facility. We look forward to your next visit to us & to Tampa.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I had a very pleasant trip to Hall-O-Scream and stayed at the Ramada Inn Tampa. It was about a 10 minute car ride to Busch Gardens. The room was perfect, it was clean and I actually felt comfortable walking barefoot on the carpet. The staff was helpful, nice, knowledgeable, and was more than willing to work with me in any situation. I had originally booked through hotels.com but the manager told me that if I booked through them next time, their cancelation policy is much better and they match the price which was a good though (you can cancel or change up till 4pm the day of WITHOUT penalty). I look forward to seeing them again on my next trip to Tampa.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back are quieter. Rooms by the pool are a bit louder.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your business to Ramada Inn, Tampa North, as also the feed back. Every person working at the Hotel is determined to make sure that every guest had a comfortable stay with us & they continue to patronize our facility with friends & family. Your feed back goes a long way to help us keep motivated to continue to do better work. Once again, thank you for the business & the feed back. We look forward to meeting your lodging needs in future.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

A very nice, clean, modern place to spend a night or two, with very comfortable beds and great shower heads. Other than that, nothing much to complain or rave about.

It is in what seems like an outskirt of Tampa, but it is only 20 min or so to Ybor City or Channelside where you probably want to go for dinner and 10 more minutes to Bayshore Boulevard, where you should definitely go for a walk or a bike ride.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank unnamed_1

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs. My colleagues at the Hotel join me to thank you for the feed back. Being very easily accessible to the Interstates from the hotel makes it convenient for the guests to visit different places without getting stuck in the traffic. About 5-6 restaurants within 2 miles radius offer much variety for the eating out besides IHOP next door. Closeness of theme parks, Florida Fair Grounds & USF & Sun dome is an additional plus. We will look forward to your next visit to us. Once again, thank you for your business.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

What a find. I can not believe this Hotel is rated in the 50's. It is a Fantastic Value. I paid $70 for a double. I was allowed to check in early as I had a procedure at the VA Hospital in Tampa and needed to sleep off the anesthesia. The friendly young male desk clerk recommended a quiet room in the back. It was amazingly quiet.

The room was a very pleasant surprise! Coverlets on the CLEAN beds, 4 (yes 4) full size pillows on each bed. Clean everything from the fridge to the bathroom. Freshly painted walls, all the extras, and the front desk even called after 5 minutes to make sure the room was ok!

The next morning, the young lady at the desk was friendly, professional and a super quick checkout! Breakfast had waffles and all the Continental goodies from bagels to packaged oatmeal & cereal.

Only minor problem was the western world's smallest bathroom (a design issue).

NO mildew scent, dirt, bugs, or peeling wallpaper like the last 90% of the hotels I have stayed in here in sunny Florida. Our hotel/motel industry has sunk to new levels in the last decade.

GREAT JOB RAMADA!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the back for quiet. The IHOP beside it has good food too.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Wes O

Dear Guest,
We all at Ramada Inn, Tampa North care to make sure that every guest had a comfortable stay. We do need your repeat business & I am glad to see from your feed back that we did good. Knock on the wood, I want to inform that I am blessed with good & dedicated colleagues & they take away most of my worries about guest care. Every one is motivated & that goes a long way to get me feed back like yours & continue to bring guest & their friends & family to our facility I thank you for your business as also the feed back. Looking forward to seeing you at your next trip to Tampa

Reviewed 24 September 2011

After reading all the great reviews,we booked a room for Sept. 23rd.We booked one night,as we were attending Howl o Scream at Busch Gardens.The front staff is superb,great attitude,and they care about your stay.After checking in,we went to our room,which smelled very clean,and looked ok at first.After sitting on the bed however,we discovered the sheets and bedspread appeared very damp,almost slightly wet.I called the front desk,and they gave us another room,and said that the air conditioners were probably to blame.After checking into the second room,we had the same problem,but were resigned that all the rooms were like this,so we kept it.I don't think the problem is the AC.I think the maids didn't leave the sheets and bed spreads in the dryer long enough to dry.We came home late that night,and when we awoke,it felt like we had slept outside...moisture everywhere,and the feeling of wetness.Even our clothes felt damp! As for the rest of the room,it was ok.The positives were it smelled great,was clean throughout,and the beds were nice (except for the damp bedding). The negatives besides what I talked about above were the channels on the tv had static on them,and there was a gap at the bottom of both hotel room doors of approximately 1/4" where you could clearly see daylight,and water stains on the ceilings of both rooms we were in.Overall,it wasn't terrible,but we wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our facility for your lodging needs for the night of September 23, 2011. Thank you also for the feed back. I apologize for the inconvenience & from learning that you did not had a pleasant stay with us. I have initiated the measures necessary to avoid any such experience to any guest any time from now on. Sometimes when the Housekeeping is cleaning the room & leave the room unlocked the moisture gets into the room & condesation causes the problem of dampness. I also instructed the maintenance staff to take care of the weather stipping to avoid light, moisture & bugs entering the room. Once again thank you for your business as also the feed back. We look forward to get a second opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

Pro: Helpful staff... recently remodeled clean rooms...well tended property... convenient to I75.

Cons: Overwhelming strong room freshener. I'm not usually upset by scented rooms, but this stuff made my stay uncomfortable, and remained in the back of my throat for hours after I left.

Be aware...this is a remodeled older motel...all rooms open to outside walkways, not interior halls. Not something I liked, and my fault for not checking closer...so be aware of the layout before booking.

Overall not a great night.
..like I said MEH...

Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TraceeT

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our facility for your lodging needs. All my colleagues join me to thank you for the feed back. Housekeeping staff have been appropriately advised to be careful in use of freshener, keeping in mind some guests could be sensitive. Housekeeping most times work with chemicals & bleach & hence do not sometimes feel the strong smell obvoius to us.
In view of that your feed back helped us understand the areas needed to be addressed & I thank you for the same. Thank you also for the business & we look forward to your next trip to us.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

What a wonderful place. My wife was admitted at the H . Lee Moffitt Cancer in Tampa and i was recomended to stay at this Ramada Inn. When i went inside to book a room the staff was so nice and friendly especially a female employee who was on at the time. She went out of her way to assist me in trying to get the public bus transportation shedule so i would of been able to get to and from the hotel.THe hotel is in a nice and clean area.The bus stop is about 2 minute walk from the hotel..There is a IHOP restaurant on the property. The room that i stayed was very clean. Fresh Towels, Soft Bed, Nice Funiture. My room was facing the pool..The breakfast was excellent.When i was leaving the room to checkout the maids were so nice even at check out the guy that was on who checked me out was nice.
The room that i stayed in reminded me when i stayed At The Atlantis Hotel In the Bahamas..Overall i would recomend this hotel to anyone And I would Stay there again..Hats of again to the female employee who was on at that time..My stay there was 20/9/11...I booked the room at about 5.30pm.....

Room Tip: Choose this hotel if your visiting tampa I stayed at many but this one was the best.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business