Should have been an indication of what to expect when we had to check in. This was done from outside and we had to call out through a drive-thru like window; the lady who had checked us in was prompt and very nice, check out was just as easy except we were allowed inside.
The only thing that resembled the pictures was the bed fittings; nothing else was accurate. This place was old and felt as such. Feels like 1976 and they simply painted over it... 10 years ago. The room is much smaller than even the cheapest chain hotels.
The room stinks of chemicals, so much so my nose was burning the moment I walked in (and I'm not sensitive to chemicals), everything was stained; floor, chairs, tiles, etc. Floor felt greasy (yes greasy) and had to throw away my socks cause I refused to step on it barefoot again.
Last complaint would be the A/C, it is certainly from the past. I wouldn't mind such things if it had worked well. It took several attempts of off and on cycling to finally get the compressor to kick on. When it did, it took at least another hours before the room started cooling down.
The place is in a good location; close to BG and many other places to eat and shop, even has an IHOP in the parking lot (that place had horrible service). Water pressure and heat was great. I really liked the bed, but seemed smaller than a queen and Im really starting to doubt it was.
Overall, it's a place to sleep, but not at the price I paid for it. It's a good value at $55. You can do much better for less.
On a positive note, after having a very hard time trying to get to sleep, I was able to sleep in because their checkout is at noon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Easily Accessible from all major Interstates of Tampa, i.e. A minute from Exit 265 off I-75, Six miles from exit 51 off I-275 & about four miles from I-4. Located in a peaceful country like surroundings with IHOP Restaurant open 24/7. Less than five miles from USF, Sun dome, Busch Gardens, MOSI & Adventure Islands. Florida Fairgrounds, Amphi Theatre & Hard Rock Casino are within eight miles. Shriners, Moffitt & other Hospitals are with in five miles. Beautiful Beachess of Clearwater are about 25 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn Tampa Hotel Tampa
- Ramada Tampa
- Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North Florida