“bugs in the tub” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“bugs in the tub”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were sorely disappointed with our recent stay in your facility,
I could not sleep on the sheets - what do you use to wash them in?
I saw 2 small bugs by my nightstand - they were alive and well - till I killed them with a well placed flipflop.
When I went into the bath area, there alas were 2 more bugs!!!!
I killed them as well for you.,
When I went the next morning and stated what happened, the clerk was very apologetic, kind even,,,, but the best he could do for me, for my not being able to sleep in your bed, and killing of the bugs - was a 10% discount on our bill.. I must say I was expecting better than that. Yes he did give the mgrs. name, but was not sure when he would be coming in,could be the next day or the following day..... Wasn't my most pleasant experience. :(

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Jacquelyn S
allan0115, General Manager at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest:

I am glad you completed a review regarding your stay and disappointed that your stay was not satisfactory. I do apologize for the insect issue that you encountered. Not to make any excuses but the summer months in the area are more prone to insects especially being in an exterior corridor hotel. As for the sheets this was the first issue we encountered regarding this. I wish that I knew about the issues at the time. It was brought to my attention when reading the review.

Please email me at allan@ramadatampa.com and we can discuss further.

This hotel is ranked 42 out of 159 hotels in Tampa and very sorry your stay was not pleasant. When we do have insect issue the first thing is contact the exterminator to treat the problem.

Please give us another chance in the near future and you won't be dissapointed.

Allan Keller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Lawrenceville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 night this past week. This was our second stay here in 2 years. The room we stayed in was clean. The beds were new and slept great and the location was close to B/Gardens, MOSI and the Tampa Zoo. Our room smelled fine, the safe, fridge and microwave were a plus and the a/c worked fine. The pool was spotless which was a big plus for the kids who swam every night. The carpet could probable use a cleaning but was far from a deal breaker and the free breakfast every morning saved us a big chuck of change. Granted the Holiday Inn we stayed in Crystal River was newer and roomier but it was also $125.00 a night, twice what we paid here. If your use to the Waldorf Astoria, you might not be happy here but for a reasonably priced motel that has lots a perks, this should be your choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GeorgiaDawg12
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay. The entire staff is pleased to read that your stay was Very Satisfying.

The entire staff does its very best to provide the Highest Level of Customer Service and Maintain High Levels of Quality.

If you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to email me at allan@ramadatampa.com.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We're here for USF orientation. Hotel in great location. Room was perfect and included microwave and refrigerator.
Beds very comfy for a family of 4
As in previous posts wifi has patches of slow, however it does work. For the price, I would stay here again. The staff is also very friendly

Room Tip: We chose away from pool. Which is great but we wanted quieter area
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
allan0115, General Manager at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us in June. We are pleased to read that your stay was Very Satisfactory and would return again. The Ramada Temple Terrace does its very best to provide Excellent Customer Service and Maintain the Highest Level of Quality.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Okeechobee, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Should have been an indication of what to expect when we had to check in. This was done from outside and we had to call out through a drive-thru like window; the lady who had checked us in was prompt and very nice, check out was just as easy except we were allowed inside.

The only thing that resembled the pictures was the bed fittings; nothing else was accurate. This place was old and felt as such. Feels like 1976 and they simply painted over it... 10 years ago. The room is much smaller than even the cheapest chain hotels.

The room stinks of chemicals, so much so my nose was burning the moment I walked in (and I'm not sensitive to chemicals), everything was stained; floor, chairs, tiles, etc. Floor felt greasy (yes greasy) and had to throw away my socks cause I refused to step on it barefoot again.

Last complaint would be the A/C, it is certainly from the past. I wouldn't mind such things if it had worked well. It took several attempts of off and on cycling to finally get the compressor to kick on. When it did, it took at least another hours before the room started cooling down.

The place is in a good location; close to BG and many other places to eat and shop, even has an IHOP in the parking lot (that place had horrible service). Water pressure and heat was great. I really liked the bed, but seemed smaller than a queen and Im really starting to doubt it was.

Overall, it's a place to sleep, but not at the price I paid for it. It's a good value at $55. You can do much better for less.

On a positive note, after having a very hard time trying to get to sleep, I was able to sleep in because their checkout is at noon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing a review regarding your May stay with us. I apologize that the hotel did not meet your needs. We are an older hotel built in the late 1980's. There has been ongoing renovations to better fit this day and age. The Night Window can be an inconvenience but it is for safety and security of staff as well especially female staff. If my daughter was working in hotel I would also feel more comfortable if the main doors were locked at a reasonable hour.

The staff provides excellent customer service and does its very best to maintain the highest level possible.

If you have any comments or suggestions please email me allan@ramadatamapa.com