“Another great stay”

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa
Ranked #32 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We had a great time even though our stay was cut short by one day because of pending weather conditions. Our Bellman "Dustin" and "Margurite" at the front desk are the absolute best. They really care about the guests and make it known. The new Rise Bakery and slot area just off the hotel lobby are wonderful. Maybe now there is a smoke free slot area, we won't hear so much complaining about the smoke. Being smokers, we are greatful that they have somewhere to go. Room Service was excellent as it has been in the past. Food was very good and plentiful. Our winnings were slim, but we had a ball playing the slots. This is a great place to go for a good time and superior accomodations.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to see you again!

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Seminole Hardrock Casino - Tampa is the best place to stay when visiting Tampa. Great steaks and desserts at Council Oaks Restaurant and the service was SUPER! I enjoyed the gaming experience and the dealers keep you engaged and entertained. My room was beautiful and the special "turn down service with the guitar shaped chocolates on my pillow" really made me feel special! I look forward to going back again and again!!

Room Tip: The suites at either end of each floor are absolutely beautiful and you have a great view of the cit...
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The rooms are decent especially if you get an upgrade to a Jucuzzi Suite though I would never pay for one --- only as a comp. I like the size of the casino and the number of slot machines and my husband and brother enjoy 3 card poker. It is unfortunate but true that as the casino expands and spends money they tighten the slots. The silence of the casino is deafening in that "hand pays" are non-existent. I received many of the $1200 and over payouts over the years, but I haven't received a decent hit in the past year. I spent a lot of money -- play high, play low, move machines, stay at the same one, etc, etc. Nothing. Just dry and boring. I took almost three weeks off from Hard Rock and had blast between a short weekend in Vegas (I won) and Europe --- little casino and I always hit large! Love it. Again the room is nice if its a comp and the pool is lovely except you have to walk in your swimwear through the casino. But, its worth it. Love the pool. Don't go there if you can't afford to lose money --- its doubtful you will hit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank JoanieW791
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We have visited this property many times. It is always a delight. It is more personal than most casinos. The staff is friendly and do their very best to see you are satisfied with your room and they make recommendations to help your stay be more enjoyable.If they would just enlarge the smoke-free section of the casino it would be perfect.

Room Tip: The lower floors have better water pressure in the shower than the upper floors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thank you so much for your tips and comments and we're so happy to hear you love us as much as we love serving you. See you again real soon. Rock on.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Rooms seemed nice and casino nice and clean. For those complaining about odds you need to stop playing slot machines. Worst odds in any house. Learn a table game and you'll be much happier. When we left the casino we went downtown and spent some time which was nice. Tampa is such a nice area. Love the fact that there is still a place in the world that people can smoke cigars/cigarettes.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom B

We look forward to see you again, we appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Just got back from another horrible trip to the hard rock .One thousand lost in less than an hour the funny part is that i was winning 75% of the time but i was playing 7 dollars and getting 1-2 dollar paybacks.If you want to go to a casino then dont go here they have the worst odds and no gaming commision or as gina(the hard rock responder to all the bad reviews)would say they do but the gaming commision is called the seminole gaming commision.I'm almost positive they never found any problems with the pathetic payback.Go to vegas or biloxi if you want to have fun they have independant gaming commisions and way better odds and if one casino isn't paying out you have options.There is only one thing to do here gamble no shows no entertainment no fun and the worst part they really dont care what you think their philosophy is their are more suckers coming tomorrow.

Room Tip: lots of good rooms just dont gamble
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
13  Thank art d
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I've been going to this casino since it was a hole in the wall next to a large bingo hall. It used to be fun and you would win sometimes. I've watched it grow through the years and the slots seemed to get tighter with each expansion although you still would win every third or fourth trip. After this last expansion the slots have been terrible. You rarely get a bonus spin and even when you do the machine doesn't pay back much. I never have gone to a casino thinking I would win, but usually you will every third or fourth time. The past six months have been terrible with payouts. Everybody I know says the same thing about the slots and I rarely see anybody win. I wouldn't go to this casino if you want a decent chance to win anything. I can't comment on the smoke because I smoke and can't smell it. They do have an excellent restaurant called the council oak, but it's expensive. Drinks are expensive while you gamble. After all these years my wife and myself have decided to go to pompano park raceway and casino and not return to the Tampa hard rock even though I live 20 minutes away. Pompano park isn't indian and is regulated by the state. Don't know if it will be better but I think it would be impossible to be worse. After reading this, good luck if you go to the hard rock in tampa.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
16  Thank Timothy P

We're sorry to hear you haven't had any luck here playing lately. With so many cash prizes paid out daily, we hope you can be one of them in the future. We are indeed a Seminole casino meaning we not only adhere to Florida gaming laws, we also adhere to Federal gaming laws. We hope you'll give us another chance, thank you for your continued patronage since we were Seminole Bingo, and thank you for your comments.