“Pricey but good facility and rooms overall”

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa
Ranked #29 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Pros:
-Several restaurants for all occasions. I personally visited the Hard Rock Cafe restaurants and the buffet upstairs. The Hard Rock Cafe restaurant has reasonable food prices and sometimes has live music in the stage within the restaurant. The food was great (though I wouldn't say anything like "amazing" but good nevertheless. I enjoyed the whole atmosphere there). The buffet upstairs is also very nice. It has great selections and the quality food is excellent as a buffet and as good quality as any other non-buffet places. I would recommend here for breakfast and you will be ready to go for the day~
-Large casino area, as advertised. I didn't do much gambling here but if you are into that, you will have more than enough.
-Rooms are clean and looks to be updated to today's standards.
-Room services were prompt and of good quality. I ordered some food a bit later in the evening and food and the service both was "good".
-One extra note: I noticed a security guy standing by the elevator to the hotel rooms. He was checking room IDs for people going up the rooms to make sure we belong there. I appreciate little things like this because it adds a bit to the sense of security and service.
-Free garage parking

Cons:
-Rooms are a bit expensive ($200 - $300 for 1 bed King). Don't get me wrong, rooms were nice but not sure if it is worth that much.
-Location - It seemed a bit isolated and the surrounding neighborhood didn't exactly seem like the safest. You really need a car to go anywhere else.

Overall. most of the things were up to standards but nothing was really spectacular either. It's obvious that they advertise towards older folks who they believe will spend more money and that is very evident when you walk around the casino. Unless you really love gambling and that is what you come here for, this is nothing more than a luxury hotel with other large accommodations. I have no complaints though overall

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Eric L, Front Office Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed 11 January 2014

If you are going to Hard Rock in Tampa make sure you are going for fun only. Chances of winning are slim to none if playing any slots (very tight). The rooms are getting old and worn but the beds are comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
Eric L, General Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

We're pleased to hear you enjoy our comfortable beds. Come see us soon, because our hotel is in the process of being remodeled and the rooms are spectacular!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We go to Hard Rock on a regular basis and typically bring a couple hundred dollars to use. one thing to keep in mind that if you don't pay more than the minimum bet on a slot your odds are low at winning. The interesting thing is that when you cash out take a look at the screen that shows what you won, it seems to display a total that is usually considerably more than what you walk away with. I wonder if this is the amount the casino is reporting as payout that way they can get by with keeping a higher percentage. Now I would still go play there because it is fun. Anyone who walks into any casino and is sure they will walk out with a large jackpot needs to rethink going.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I have been back many times since my last review in June. I can't say enough about how I LOVE this casino, and we have been to casinos all over the country, and out of the country. The hotel is beautiful; very upscale. The rooms are also upscale and plush with high quality bedding, a desk, a table and chairs, a chair for reading, and that's just the standard room; I imagine the pricier rooms are even nicer, if that's possible! The rooms are always spotless, and the elevator to the rooms is not only convenient, it is accessible ONLY by showing your room card to the security guard posted there. The casino is vast, with a great assortment of games. There is also a good assortment of dining options, from fast food to five-star restaurants. (Well I am assuming they are five star; if not rated as such, they SHOULD be.) It goes without saying that the background music is awesome, and not loud enough to be annoying. The employees are helpful, and friendly. I couldn't ask for more. Sometimes we win, sometimes we don't win, but we ALWAYS have a blast, and isn't that what's important? I will be visiting at least once a month. Join the players club for extra good deals.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us, and we very much look forward to seeing you soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Have fun and enjoy your stay where ever you go. When you are in Tampa
Hard rock is the place to go to for fun, food, drinks and entertainment. The atmosphere, people, service, valet, customer service is the best.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have tried to talk with Hotel staff on the phone about getting a Room for the 31st.But with out a Players club card no one would help. If they want people to come down and spend money they should open up the hotel for EVERY ONE. Well, looks like I will spend my Money some where else in Tampa.

Room Tip: I would try the Water side Tampa Marriott They care about there people From Tampa. Great room and Se...
2  Thank Rodney S

We're very sorry we could not accommodate you with a room on New Years Eve. It is one of the busiest days of the year for us. We hope you decide to come visit us in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had a great time in Tampa..we went to Busch Gardens..the Holiday decorations were amazing and breathtaking as evening arrived. The Casino was fun the staff was playful and welcoming. best of all....a. Most wonderful Soaking Tub.... The room was amazing ....hated to leave..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Eric L, Front Office Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

We're so pleased to hear you loved your AMAZING room! We can't wait to see you soon!