“Stay Away ... Please read the truth about the slots in this casino.”

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa
Ranked #29 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I have been going to this casino since it opened and was only lottery style games including a bingo hall. It is now so obvious the change in the slot machines and how quickly you loose. I remember the days when the slot machines would ring each time a person hit a jackpot which seemed to be at least once an hour. This is whatI observed in playing over the years: Jackpots are now non existent unless your doing high bets which can be $3.00 a punch and up. I pay attention to the patterns on the machines which are obviously man made and not random. You will notice you may get a good win which sadly these days averages about $20.00. After a win, you may go through many bets where there is minimal or no wins. If your lucky and still have credit in the machine, a good win may come up again. The chances of a bonus game coming up have been tighten and now come up less often. A bonus game does not always pay out. You will notice, if you do do well on a bonus game, when the bonus came comes up again, the bonus payout will be poor. If you are a slot members player, notice how well you do at first but then the machine runs dry. The games are not random. All the spins and wins are preprogrammed by a person. Any bonus games which gives you a choice to make a selection are also preprogrammed and the payout will not be affected by what you select. The bonus game payout was already preselected by the programmer. Tips: Don't use a players card. Any freebies they may offer are not free after you realized how much you spent in the slots. The card reads how much you spend and win. Winning to much, will program the machines to stop paying you out. Go with a budget and leave the ATM card at home. On any big hit, cash out and move on to the next machine. After you original abnk roll is gone, cash out your winning tickets and leave the casino. If the machine is not paying out, leave it. Stay away from progressive machines, games that offer bonus games which challenge you against your fellow players, and games with all the fancy bells and whistles. These have even worse chances of winning. Finally, let the casino know you are unsatisfied with their payouts and pass this along to other fellow gamblers.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
44  Thank SlotsLoser
Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed 28 May 2010

We did not stay at the hotel, just a visit to the casino on a Thursday night. I have nothing bad at all to say about the place, nor do I have anything good. Well, the lighting was cool.

There were 2 table games to play: black jack or mini-baccarat. All minimums were $25 or more. Video poker was hard to find.

No Hard Rock Café? The restaurant that had reasonable prices, The Green Room had a huge line. We ended up eating at the food court, which tasted like a food court.

I’m not going to say you shouldn’t check it out. Just don’t expect your typical American casino experience. It made sense. We were on Seminole ground.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Hood007
Reviewed 22 May 2010

Unless you're gonna shell out $50 for blackjack or baccarat, you're pretty much limited to the seeming acres of tightly sandwiched-together slot machines. More than one ate my money. The majority of the weeknight crowd looked to be impoverished Florida seniors, trying to win some desperately needed cash. Not a comfortable place to unwind. Oddly, there was actual 'rock 'n roll' memorabilia in the odd corner (it is the "Hard Rock" Hotel, after all), but you almost have to look for it---and when you saw it, it always looked ironically out of place. And yes, to echo all the other reviews, it was quite smokey. I didn't stay in the hotel itself, and was happy to leave the casino.

7  Thank glen2glass
Reviewed 11 May 2010

WORST EXP EVER! Rooms are way overrated and over priced. I felt like I was on a cruise ship than a hotel with the people around me and the way they were dressed. Place is saturated with smoke and Im a smoker! This is not a place for children...I couldnt believe the amount of small kids I saw after 10pm. Dont even think about asking for a double at the bar. They are not "allowed" to do that. But, you sure will pay for it as a single.
After flushing down about $500 down their machines, we decided to go to FLOYDs their "upscale" nightclub. After being charged $15 a person to get in, the atmosphere was a joke. They should have paid us $15 a person just to be there. I live an hour from here and wouldnt go back if they offered me a free room.
Its sad, it really does have alot of potental if it was ran under different management.
Point blank ~ MONEY over QUALITY for sure here, but if you are into people watching...its priceless

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ready4avacation2010
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I get up to Hard Rock around 4 times a year. I have yet to get a bad room. the decor is modern, maybe a little weird for some but I always find the rooms very clean and comfy. Beds are nice.
I think housekeeping does a good job.
I think the service is most always good. I have coem across a cocky person once in awhile but all in all I think always very nice.
I would not have a problem staying there exspecially if you want a gambling fix LOL
I also think food is good in hotel compared to many hotel or hotel casinos

The only problems I have encountered is pool service is poor and the bar around the pool for lunch the girl servers are almost always very slow and service is poor in general. All other service in hotel, etc I find good.

Finally each time I go I find it to be getting tighter and tighter
This last trip was I would say just rediculous, enough for me to say I can't go back for a long time.

5  Thank nyJt
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Most of the reviews have been saying that this casino is terrible. Yes, it is unregulated as it is on an Indian Reservation. So are all the casinos in New Mexico, wher I learned about and started playing the slots. I have won time and time again. Yes, there are times that I have lost at the slots, but isn't that true in Vegas? I have NEVER been refused any of my Player's Club Bonuses. I get free money and free meals every month. My husband won a HUGE jackpot last year and, as a matter of fact, I just won $454 on "their" money. (it was on one of my "Free Play": bonuses.)
Say what you want, but the casino and hotel are clean, the food is outstanding and the "play" is as good as you will find in any casino.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Juvinurse
Reviewed 19 April 2010

Let me begin by telling you that my husband and I and the other couple we traveled with are eay going fun loving people- we are all in our mid-thirties and work really hard, so when we finally had a chance for a weekend away from work and kids we were willing to travel and spend money to enjoy ourselves....that being said....
We drove from the East Coast of Florida to Tampa because the Hard Rocks we had visited in the past were always a great time. Since this one had the added vonus of a casino, we figured it was a sure fire good time.
When we made our room reservations we were kind of shocked at the $400 per room per night charge, but we booked anyway figuring it would be worth it. Upon arrival our valet (who was very friendly, btw) informed us that no alcohol was permitted in the rooms- other than 1 bottle of wine per room. We were all shocked - never in all of my years have I encountered this rule- which was strictly enforced by the 24 hour elevator security guard. The staff claimed this rule was to reduce underage drinking....I say this rule was to increase HR revenue!!! At $8 per mixed drink and $5 for a beer, getting a buzz would go hand in hand with going bankrupt! We had no choice but to stay...so we carried on with our plans.
The rooms were totally mediocre. Just a plain old hotel room - and with our $400 room, we got a view of the casino roof top.
The hotel pool was less than triple the size of an average residential pool, and with all the guests, there was no chance of getting a chair poolside. The cocktail waitresses were so overloaded with orders and complaining guests, getting a drink was nearly impossible too.
Once we gave up on the pool scene, we changed and headed to the casino. Suprisingly small - but in their defense we did visit Atlantic City alot years ago, so we may be spoiled. Nevertheless, the machines were all touch screen and there was very little noise, which we found strangly eerie in a casino. It was too brightly lit as well, which we all found disappointing. After a short go at the machines we decided to grab a bite to eat by the pool bar - which had cleared out a bit by this time. The food was pretty good, nothing special, but no complaints really. Our only bad experience out there was listening to the very young and very LOUD cocktail waitresses complaining about the customers. They were literally making fun of the guests, while those guests were sitting just a few yards away - very unprofessional and rude.
Since there were no tables available for late dining we got room service that evening and it too was very mediocre. I am a breakfast food junkie, so I ordered eggs benadict, which is available 24hours...it was gross....soggy and tastless.
The remainder of the stay was really boring - with the exception of people watching from one of the lounges, where we saw a bachlorette party get trashed and make fools of themselves.
The weekend was a disaster, and that place in no way lives up to the standards of other Hard Rocks. I strongly urge you to go elsewhere - oh and I almost forgot, they allow smoking just about everywhere, so if the smell of it annoys you, stay away. I am a smoker and it even got me sick.

4  Thank vegan123