“You Can not Win on the Slots”

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa
Ranked #25 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 22 September 2010

As others have already mentioned...there was enough smoke in the casino to run off the fire department but I kinda expected that. I drove almost 2 hours from Orlando on a Friday night, arrived at 8:15pm and by 8:45pm I had lost nearly $300 in the slots with virtually nothing received back in payouts??? After sinking nearly $50 in the nickel slots I won $23 on a spin and then did not win again until I was out of money. I tried the dollar slots...$100 in...no wins...I kid you not...not even a cherry, totally unacceptable!!! Tried the $5 slots thinking they would be a bit loser since I was having to spend so much for each spin...$150 in...$0 paid out....I was qute shocked that they don't allow their customers to win anything back and now that I know the casino is unregulated I know how they are able to rip off customers. I would say stay away and do not waste your time especially if you live in orlando....nearly 4 hours of drive time for 30 minutes of play where I felt like I just walked into the bathroom and flushed my money. They sent me free play coupons for this weekend....guess what, it's not even worth my time to play for free as when I run through that in 10 minutes with no wins I still have 4 hours of driving invested unless I am dumb enough to start spending more of my hard earned money. State of Florida has sold it's soul to the devil and now allow them to just do what ever they please to make a buck. Go to Atlantic city or Vegas..heck even playing on line your odds are better.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
67  Thank Orlandomanwithatan

Reviewed 5 September 2010

Do not open the pint of water on the table $5.00 .Do not pick up a beer from the fridge and place it back you buy it when you pick it up and place it back whats that???? $ 315 Plus parking very small room out dated room with sandpaper sheets . This place is a very chhep poor imatation of las vegas you boys at hard rock tampa have a lot to learn abot return customersyou have to give us something for the bucks . YOU DONT ALLOW ANYONE TO TAKE BEER OR WINE FOOD OR DRINK TO THERE ROOM IF IT WASNOT BOUGHT THERE. BRING YOUR DOG BUT YOU CAN NOT TAKE IT ANY WHERE AND DONOT LEAVE HIM IN THE ROOM.YOU PEOPLE NEED TO JOIN THE 21 CENTURY

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
21  Thank northportgary
Reviewed 25 August 2010

My boyfriend and I were raised 1 hour from Vegas and have enjoyed frequenting casinos there. We are in the Tampa area for work & decided to go to the Hard Rock for my birthday. The room rates were 250 for a normal room on a MONDAY night (HUGE RIP OFF. You can stay in a 5 star in Vegas on a weekend for a little more then this, fyi). We booked a room about 3 miles from the Hard Rock for a fourth of the price. The hotel interior itself is nice, decor, typical hard rock decor (band memorbila, famous quotes, live band playing). We were going to play 21 but the table minimums started at $15.00 (insane, used to 2-5-even 10$ minimum!) We decided just to play the slots and get drunk off the casino drinks (free, right? WRONG) We ordered our drinks from the cocktail waitress, when she brought them back she told us it was $19.00! For watered down, casino floor sized drinks? Seriously, for what your going to spend here (room,tables,slots and alcohol) you could fly to Vegas and spend the same amount! I am not joking, do the math! Needless to say, we didn't put anymore money in those machines, drank our watered down alcohol free drinks and got out! Putting your money in the toliet and flushing it would be a more enjoyable experience in money loss.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
27  Thank plp2325
Reviewed 3 July 2010

The hotel is always a pleasant experience. The rooms are clean and very well appointed.
The casino on the other hand is a joke. They give nothing back to their customers, and I mean NOTHING! I have been going back every couple of months for over a year now and their slots just keep paying out less and less. I know they have to make a profit, but they won't make it off of me from now on. I have been going to the casino for over 5 years and I can remember a time when they paid out occasionally, but not anymore. Too bad they can't be regulated to some degree.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
30  Thank payjr1
Reviewed 23 June 2010

First casino I ever went to that charges for drinks. They give less than ever and the only good thing about it is that once a month you get a decent meal provided you lose enough money. Now that Florida sold out to the Indians to cover its 3.5 billion dollar deficit, there can be no casinos for five years which means they have no competition and thereby can suck all our money. Gone are the days when you hear royal flushes or aces with a kicker and seldom four of a kind. They have really gone crazy and people still go hoping and hoping and going home broke. To heck with the big promotions that only a few can benefit from. Half the machines are defective and are not being fixed. Anything going for that casino has long gone. We still go once a week if not more which proves that a sucker is born every minute..

• Stayed: June 2010
18  Thank casinocats
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I have been going to this casino since it opened and was only lottery style games including a bingo hall. It is now so obvious the change in the slot machines and how quickly you loose. I remember the days when the slot machines would ring each time a person hit a jackpot which seemed to be at least once an hour. This is whatI observed in playing over the years: Jackpots are now non existent unless your doing high bets which can be $3.00 a punch and up. I pay attention to the patterns on the machines which are obviously man made and not random. You will notice you may get a good win which sadly these days averages about $20.00. After a win, you may go through many bets where there is minimal or no wins. If your lucky and still have credit in the machine, a good win may come up again. The chances of a bonus game coming up have been tighten and now come up less often. A bonus game does not always pay out. You will notice, if you do do well on a bonus game, when the bonus came comes up again, the bonus payout will be poor. If you are a slot members player, notice how well you do at first but then the machine runs dry. The games are not random. All the spins and wins are preprogrammed by a person. Any bonus games which gives you a choice to make a selection are also preprogrammed and the payout will not be affected by what you select. The bonus game payout was already preselected by the programmer. Tips: Don't use a players card. Any freebies they may offer are not free after you realized how much you spent in the slots. The card reads how much you spend and win. Winning to much, will program the machines to stop paying you out. Go with a budget and leave the ATM card at home. On any big hit, cash out and move on to the next machine. After you original abnk roll is gone, cash out your winning tickets and leave the casino. If the machine is not paying out, leave it. Stay away from progressive machines, games that offer bonus games which challenge you against your fellow players, and games with all the fancy bells and whistles. These have even worse chances of winning. Finally, let the casino know you are unsatisfied with their payouts and pass this along to other fellow gamblers.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
43  Thank SlotsLoser
Reviewed 28 May 2010

We did not stay at the hotel, just a visit to the casino on a Thursday night. I have nothing bad at all to say about the place, nor do I have anything good. Well, the lighting was cool.

There were 2 table games to play: black jack or mini-baccarat. All minimums were $25 or more. Video poker was hard to find.

No Hard Rock Café? The restaurant that had reasonable prices, The Green Room had a huge line. We ended up eating at the food court, which tasted like a food court.

I’m not going to say you shouldn’t check it out. Just don’t expect your typical American casino experience. It made sense. We were on Seminole ground.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple