Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel
  • Pool
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
1,130 results
All reviewsupscale mallpelagia trattorianeiman marcusaveda productsbay streethigh end mallgreat hotelthe cheesecake factoryclose to the airportthe club loungeroom servicerestaurants and barsself parkingbusiness conferenceminutes from the airportparking lotfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We stayed here one night. The hotel was in a great location. It was 5 minutes from the Tampa airport, 15 minutes to Big Cat Rescue and Ybor City. We loved being close to the nightlife and shopping mall. The pool and common space was nice. There is free parking. My only complaint - there is a charge for using the Internet.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cnncreech
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We stayed at the Renaissance International Plaza pre-cruise and found it a beautiful hotel to spend time before setting sail.

The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport for travelers without a vehicle. The International Plaza shopping center is adjacent to the property and is an easy walk for something to do/something to eat, if you are without a car to explore greater Tampa. (We did have to hire a taxi to get to cruise port-- no hotel transportation to downtown Tampa).

Hotel decor was beautiful with an inner courtyard with a fountain and was lighted at night for a special effect. Our king room was spacious and quiet-- no noise from neighbors or the nearby airport runways.

All in all, we enjoyed our brief stay at the Renaissance International Plaza. Beautiful setting-- great service-- clean and quiet room.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I rated this hotel poor for the service I received at check out and unfortunately the lack of not to mention the fact that they charged me for someone else's room charge four days after my official check-out. That's right, my credit card did not close when I checked out and instead they left it running to incur the charges of the guest that followed the room after I had checked out. It took over 45 mins. on the phone long distance and having to speak to over 3 different folks working at this place to be able to credit the fraudulent charge on my credit card. The front office agent at check out did not even ask how my stay was; not too difficult to ask someone after spending several nights at your hotel is it? There are some pros to this hotel: nice lobby, close to a really nice shppoing centre with great shops and restaurant, beds are really comfortable and everything seems clean and tidy; great complimentary airport shuttle service. Cons about this hotel: rooms were cleaned each day by 4pm-too late in my books-should have been cleaned by noon; no newspaper to your room in the morning. I was really disappointed with the Credit Card charge without my permission. That makes me feel that their credit card security is not up to standard and for that reason I would not stay at this property again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2011

My husband and I bid through priceline for a four star hotel and we were so lucky when this hotel accepted our bid. The location is EXCELLENT!! The only complaint that we had was the shuttle service to the hotel. We were told that the shuttle was waiting for us, but it took two phone calls and a 30 minute wait before the shuttle showed up. After that hurdle, everything was smooth sailing. If we ever cruise out of Tampa again, this is our hotel!! We didn't arrive until after 9 pm but since the hotel is located next to the International Plaza (http://www.shopinternationalplaza.com), we didn't have any problems finding an excellent meal just steps away at Champps Restaurant and Bar. The following day, we slept in late and then left our luggage at the front desk while we walked back to the International Plaza for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. (Don't be mislead by "walk", you merely travel up a flight of stairs and around a corner into a courtyard where numerous restaurants are located along with an entrance to the mall which also includes a regular mall food court.) After lunch, we took a leisurely stroll through the mall to walk off the Cheesecake and to purchase a few items we forgot to pack. Afterwards, we returned to the hotel where a taxi was waiting to take us to the port. After a $25 charge for the ride to the port, we were off on our cruise. Beautiful hotel, wonderful staff, safe and clean area, everything you need just steps from the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LBGDTF
Reviewed 20 March 2011

I booked this hotel at the last second as we decided to attend the NCAA Basketball Regional in Tampa. I knew it was not close to the downtown arena, but I also knew it was not too far away. I had no real expectations, but was pleasantly surprised. It has a different fell from the second you walk in. I don't know how to describe the hotel decor, but perhaps it is an old Florida or even Spanish feel. It has an interesting design and a very nice outdoor courtyard. It has a pretty good fitness center and a large outdoor pool with a hot tub. The rooms are pretty good sized with large flat screens. The bathrooms are nice as well. The hotel is next to a very upscale mall and right next to an outdoor restaurant complex that is part of the mall with many great choices. Parking is free.

• Stayed: March 2011