“GOOD CHINESE BUFFETT and we are Chinese from major California Chinatown !”
Review of Tampa Buffet

Tampa Buffet
Ranked #1,719 of 2,637 Restaurants in Tampa
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Bargain dinner for $10.99

They sell cold beer etc. to pair with your meal.

As in all buffetts look at all food choices and take only very, very small portions of desired items at 1st sitting.

That means appetizers, soups etc. as items may not be as seasoned, fresh or as hot as you desire.

Fantastic Grilled Prawns and Calamari.

Good Sushi buffett always choose few and carefully first at Sushi Buffett Bars.

Subpar brocolli beef....cheap meat.

Decent chicken dishes....adequate fish

Best items here seem to be the Chinese deep fried items

Many Good desserts and ice cream selection

Overall bargain and nice local family atmospere

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We used to visit here quite frequently and loved this buffet because the dining area was kept so clean, the staff was extremely friendly and the buffet tables were kept wiped and clean. Every Sat. afternoon the staff would sweep and mop the more traveled areas and the place used to sparkle with cleanliness and professionalism. Not so any more! The last few times we ate here my husband and I both went home sick.
Thinking we'd give it another try, we visited on Saturday and found the lunch price went up to $7.99. The staff was more busy talking and laughing among themselves and ducking behind closed doors into a side-room, while the floors were littered with food and the drinks were never refilled. The buffet had the usual Chinese fare but wasn't filled as frequently as it used to be and much of the food seemed dried and old. When we went for dessert, the ice cream scoops were in their "trough" with no water running on them - so they had various, congealed, dry and wet ice creams on them, sitting in a warm, dry container. I decided NOT to touch those, and instead opted to use a small spoon to dip out my ice cream, but the doors to the ice cream cooler were covered with melted ice creams and the floor was slippery wet either from leakage or from spilled ice cream. Arriving back to my table, I used my own hand-sanitizer to clean my hands.
I don't know what's happened, but this place is NOT a place we'll ever visit again. They raised the price while their service and their cleanliness have gone downhill.

1  Thank BelievelandTraveler
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Poor quality food, and out of almost everything. Sushi was warm. Not good. Go somewhere else for dinner

Reviewed 18 June 2017

On the way to Treasure Island beach from the airport. Great Saturday Seafood buffet. My grandduaghters tried soft shell crab, frogs legs and mussels. Plus.

2  Thank Divehard2013
Reviewed 14 April 2017

They don't even deserve one star, i put one because the system wont let me post if i don't give at least one star. I went yesterday and got sick, i believe it was the sweet tea. It could be the food too but, i had diarrhea and nausea. My brother also got sick, same symptoms. When i called, the Chinese lady who owns the place told me "we don't sell sweet tea, you are calling the wrong place", she also said: "what do you expect for $6.99?". Unbelievable!! she didn't even said I am sorry!! Stay away from this place.

Been to Tampa Buffet? Share your experiences!