“Great place!”

Dining options: After-hours
Seabrook Island, South Carolina
“Great place!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Food and atmosphere were wonderful! Fun and good!! Our server was very helpful and the food was delicious and a great value!

• Visited September 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Great environment and nice food”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

One of the nicer bars in Ybor in particular and Tampa in general. Friendly and quirky stuff, good food and interesting events. Great bean burger!

• Visited September 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Beat it to the Bricks...”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Great food and service. Never boring, great atmosphere for dinner or hanging out. The neighborhood benefits a ton from places like this and the Bunker. There is always something good going on here

• Visited August 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Another 3.5 star restaurant rounded up”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

If you've seen any of my other reviews, you'll notice a common theme. I think a lot of places deserve 3.5 stars. They're better than mediocre, but not quite 4 star material. While Bricks is in that category, I rounded up because I felt they deserved the benefit of the doubt.

My issue with Bricks was 2 fold. One, I was convinced to go based on their special - pig on pig violence. With a name like that, I have to try it. However, while I expected some monstrously awesome pork thing, what I got was a Cuban sandwich with a bacon and something glaze/mustard. 5 stars for the name, 4 stars for getting bacon into a Cuban, but I thought the name was a bit deceiving. That said, it was a delicious sandwich, not the best I've had (which is weird, because it should have been with the added bacon spread), but still good.

The second issue is that they were on the verge of revamping their menu, so they didn't reorder a lot of their liquors and therefore, none of the drinks we ordered were available. My girlfriend and I were on our way to the Dave Matthews concert in Tampa, and they had a drink called Cortez the Killer (a song Dave has covered innumerable times), so of course, we had to have it. But, nope, couldn't get it, or any of the other 3 drinks we tried to order.

We also asked if there were any drink specials, and the waiter knew of 1/2 price bottles of wine as their weekly Wednesday special, but didn't know about their regular daily happy hour special, which I only found out about at the end of our meal thanks to the poster in the mens room. The server admitted to us it was only his second day, but when he went back to keep checking on the specials and the availability of our drink requests, you'd think this would have come up.

I want to give this place another shot. I liked my pig on pig violence, and I had a soup with it that was great. I just thought it would be something more. The lack of server knowledge and the lack of available items on their menu would have brought it down for me to 3.5 stars, if it was available. Since it wasn't, I'll round up and check it out again. Hopefully, my next review will be shorter

• Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great lunch spot in Ybor city”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Awesome grilled cheese sandwich with pesto. Add bacon. Perfect lunch treat! Chill hipster atmosphere. Decent selection of craft beer, good cocktails.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank aloafman

Been to The Bricks of Ybor? Share your experiences!