“A bar that sells sushi”
Review of Ocean Blue Sushi Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ocean Blue Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Ocean Blue is first a bar. They stay open until 2-3 am. The sushi was average although served quickly. There are other choices nearby and I would have chosen differently if the timing had worked.

Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

Went here because the wait time was too long at Sushi Alive...BAD IDEA! Being seated immediately was the ONLY good thing about this experience. Ordered an appetizer which was delivered half cold! That told me it wasn't made fresh, just popped in the microwave to heat. Ordered sushi rolls and noticed that the guys "supposedly" rolling the sushi were just standing around talking to each other & no sushi was ever made in front of us. Hmmmm??? MAGICALLY...our orders appeared from the kitchen! What kind of witchcraft is that?! Never have I SAT at a sushi bar where sushi chefs were in front of me & didn't roll anything! Ordered Apothic Red wine & was given some horrible house wine. I'm a wine enthusiast & I KNOW MY WINE...they tried to dupe me! VERY DISAPPOINTED in this establishment. Next time I will wait as long as it takes for a table at SUSHI ALIVE

Reviewed 21 July 2015

Came here for my birthday dinner with friends, complimentary shots on your birthday so that was kind of fun! Got 5 different rolls (Volcano, Mexican, Spicy Tuna, & 2 other specialty rolls that I can't remember). Crab Rangoon & Edamame for appetizers were great. Our male server was very nice and attentive. They weren't very busy for a Friday night & I was a bit surprised. The décor isn't the greatest. It needs a little updating for where it is located, but overall everything was very good!

Reviewed 29 June 2015

Vegetarian rolls and basic rolls are relatively inexpensive. Staff seems to be all young heavily inked women who like to show cleavage - if you like that sort of thing :-). Didn't bother me any. They provided good service and good value. Not the best sushi I've ever had but certainly not the worst and it's conveniently located to me so I'll be back.

Reviewed 4 November 2014

This is one of the best sushi places we've come across! From the staff to the decor to the food portions and selections, this is a great place. We keep coming back.