“Signs of Trouble with this sushi restaurant”
Review of Ocean Blue Sushi Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ocean Blue Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 18 May 2016

The first thing we were told as we ordered drinks, was that the menu was not correct. The 1/2 price drinks and sushi was now buy one at full price, get the second 1/2 off. The prices were on the high side for sushi and drinks, so we only had a couple drinks and 2 orders of sushi for apps. The sushi was good, nothing great and the beer was ice cold.

The dinner menu states soup and salad, but the waiter asked if we wanted soup or salad. When I questioned, she said it was a misprint and didn't offer both. The portions were medium to small for the price and compared to other Japanese restaurants in the area. Flavor was OK with the teriyaki sauce smothered over the entire dish.

To me these are signs of a struggling business, cutting back and trying to keep the lights on. We visited last year and it was much better, so I hope they turn things around and get back to where they were, not where they are.

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

I always come here with a group of friends and this time i was just shocked with the service!!!! I can understand when your understaffed but when the restaurant is busy with ONLY 1 SERVER, the food runner or helper , whatever she was. Was rude when giving my partner a refill and she quoted stating "I am not your server" and went to sit down and be on her phone while talking to the bartender ... Ontop of that our apetizer came after our food .... The server was very nice and apologized about the inconvenience, maybe he is new but they need to add another server with ones who do not roll their eyes at their guest and being on their phone !!! I'll come back but it'll be a while before recommending anybody this place.

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Ocean Blue is first a bar. They stay open until 2-3 am. The sushi was average although served quickly. There are other choices nearby and I would have chosen differently if the timing had worked.

Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

Went here because the wait time was too long at Sushi Alive...BAD IDEA! Being seated immediately was the ONLY good thing about this experience. Ordered an appetizer which was delivered half cold! That told me it wasn't made fresh, just popped in the microwave to heat. Ordered sushi rolls and noticed that the guys "supposedly" rolling the sushi were just standing around talking to each other & no sushi was ever made in front of us. Hmmmm??? MAGICALLY...our orders appeared from the kitchen! What kind of witchcraft is that?! Never have I SAT at a sushi bar where sushi chefs were in front of me & didn't roll anything! Ordered Apothic Red wine & was given some horrible house wine. I'm a wine enthusiast & I KNOW MY WINE...they tried to dupe me! VERY DISAPPOINTED in this establishment. Next time I will wait as long as it takes for a table at SUSHI ALIVE

Reviewed 21 July 2015

Came here for my birthday dinner with friends, complimentary shots on your birthday so that was kind of fun! Got 5 different rolls (Volcano, Mexican, Spicy Tuna, & 2 other specialty rolls that I can't remember). Crab Rangoon & Edamame for appetizers were great. Our male server was very nice and attentive. They weren't very busy for a Friday night & I was a bit surprised. The décor isn't the greatest. It needs a little updating for where it is located, but overall everything was very good!