“Best Latin so Far in Tampa”

Liborio's Latin Cafe
Ranked #585 of 2,636 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Stopped by the other day as my daughter recommended the place. A little out of the way for us in Tampa. Cafeteria style, the best so far in Tampa. Portions large. Selections large. Prices reasonable for quality and portions. Took as much home as we ate. Three kinds of beans, red, garbanzos and black beans and three kinds of rice. Yucca really good and ask for some garlic sauce on it. Suspect everything pretty good. Good tostones (fried plantains). Roast pork a little dry but portion large and just ask for more juice. Place in a storefront, a bakery a couple of doors down. Really clean, not a dump by any means. Café con leche really good. If I eer want to take someone out for Latin food this is the place.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Seriously, I eat out often and am in the restaurant industry for over 10 years. The food here was DISGUSTING. I couldn't even eat the "food". Disgusting tasting meat, and canned, over cooked vegetables. (I went with a neighbor who says she is a gourmet cook. NOT!). No matter how hungry you are avoid this place. I can not tell you enough times - the food here NO!!!! NO! NO!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

You see signs best Cuban sandwich everywhere. They definitely have the best. My son doesn't even like beans but every time we go he gets the black beans Rice and pulled pork. They even have an awesome breakfast . When I first started going the young couple had there restaurant at the opposite end of the building tiny but busy place. I've watched their business and family grow.I highly recommend them. They have doubled in size and now have a pool table

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Man, didn't expect much from the outside and the parking lot. Went inside and it had a working man's cafeteria fell to the place. My turn and it was yellow rice, black beans, plantains, and then went with the shredded beef. Mmmmmm Mmmmm, soooo good
Three of us are for about 25 bucks, more food than you can eat and very tasty. If I lived here, it would be a regular spot.

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I hate to even direct folks here because once you try it, you'll be back so often I will have to wait in line next time I go !! Fantastic food, large portions,unbeatable prices, nice people...a family....running the place. Cafeteria-style with some tables. Also has a bar and pool table in a separate area, so probably want to leave small children home and bring takeout home to them. My kids love the soup . Enjoy.

Been to Liborio's Latin Cafe? Share your experiences!