“Very good Chinese food in the area”

Ho Ho Choy Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #683 of 2,418 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Asian
Tampa, Florida
“Very good Chinese food in the area”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We have been looking for good Chinese food for awhile...we have been to Ho Ho Choy 3times now and the food has always been good. We love the eggplant in chili sauce...ask for it with the minced pork, makes it extra special. The special fried rice is excellent and crispy pork chops is good too. Good friendly service..ask for J.

Visited June 2013

Florida
“Excellent Dim Dum and Roast Duck”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Again, my favorite place for Dim Sum and Roast Duck. We enjoyed Har Gow (shrimp dumplings), stuffed taro root balls, chicken feet, roast duck, Singapore noodles and beef chow fun. Also added 3 roast ducks to take home.

• Visited May 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Melting Pot Chinese Style -- Loved it!!”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I was fortunate enough to have someone take me here for a business luncheon and loved it! We plan to take our kids back here this weekend so they can enjoy it as well. It was a new concept for food and the food is very healthy! Resembling The Melting Pot to me, they have built steam pots into their tables and provide vegetables, crab, scallops, tofu, corn, noodles, tomatoes, fish, etc for you to add to your pot. I have always loved The Melting Pot and now love Ho Ho Choy for giving me a new version of hot pot cooking. Prices are very reasonable -- similar to Chili's. Go try it! You'll love it no matter what the occasion!

• Visited April 2013
Florida
“Best Dim Sum and Roast Duck”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Best Dim Sum and Roast Duck in Florida. My wife and I eat here every opportunity while in Tampa or just driving through. We always have shrimp dumplings (har gow)which are better than many of the dim sum places in San Francisco or New York where I grew up. They also use fresh noodles for the chow fun. By far, they make the best roast duck which I usually take about 2 or 3 home. This time we made a special order for 5 whole ducks to go.

• Visited January 2013
“Yummy Dim Sum!”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I just moved to the Tampa area and my parents and I were looking for a place for lunch. We found this place and they have dim sum every day of the week. We ordered the sui mei, pan friend dumplings, chicken feet all which were delicious. This is the place to go if you're looking for dim sum in the area.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Ho Ho Choy Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!