“Burger night! Monday's”

Eats! American Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Eats! American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #277 of 2,637 Restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 October 2017

My friends and I love $6 burger night. Every Monday! Get a burger the way you like it PLUS a side! Service is great and so is the food. Home made potato chips are brought to your table when you arrive. Great dinks too!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I've never had a disappointing meal here. It is very popular for good reason!! Be ready to wait on a weekend but it will be worth the wait. I've had great brunches and lunches here and it is always great and servers helpful and nice even when it is crazy busy. Their sweet potato fries are amazing!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Really very pleased. The food was great. There was 4 of us all got something different and everyone very much enjoyed the food. The hamburger "home made" patty, thick and cooked just as I asked for. Don't know what they did to the fries but they were great as were the homemade potato chips, hot out of the fryer. The portions were large. My meal came on Texas Toast and with the fried green tomatoes and delicious bacon and a fried egg all on top of the thick patty, no way could I get it all in my mouth despite pressing it down. I live about 40 miles from the restaurant but I plan to return.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Wife and I have reasonably simple tastes (hence our name), and standard American fare is something that I’ll always defer to in a jam mainly because it’s a safe bet for my picky tastes. Burgers, chicken sandwiches and tenders, pork sandwiches, etc… it’s hard to really ruin them, because 9 times out of 10 you know what you’re in for. That said, in this wonderful age of new and creative restaurants, I’m starting to expect more from those foods I’ve eaten all my life. I’m looking for that “wow” factor whenever I go out eat, and it’s nice to find a place that serves American standards that are creative and delicious, yet lacking in pretense… the kind of place where the locals might go for good comfort food. EATS! American Grill hits on all of the above.

The place looks tiny from the outside–there are only 3 parking spaces in front (main parking is in back)–but once you walk inside it looks a lot more spacious, with a long bar and lots of tables. And despite all of the HD TVs scattered across the walls that are beaming various sports channels, the place feels far less loud and hectic than a sports bar.

Some restaurants bring bread to the table to nosh on before the meal. At EATS!, however, they started us off with a basket of homemade potato chips, which instantly put them on our good side. We love house made chips when they’re done right, and these may be among the best we’ve ever had: thick cut, crunchy, flavorful and salted just right, not the least bit stale or soaked in fry oil. They served them with a side dipping sauce that was described as a seasoned ranch. My wife–who usually doesn't go for ranch–couldn’t get enough of it!

For our meals, we ordered two dishes to split. Wife chose the Sloppy Pig, which is mac & cheese, pulled pork and an onion ring stuffed between two slices of Texas toast. The name Sloppy Pig is apropos, since the sandwich did sort of fall apart after a while, and while I’m not a big lover of messy foods or of mac & cheese, even I must admit that this dish was amazing. Wife can’t wait to come back and get it again!

I, meanwhile, ordered the Harlem Chicken & Waffles. Quibble time: we both thought that the waffles were too soft and floppy (we prefer them crispy). That said, they tasted good; Wife especially liked that they didn’t taste overly sweet. We tried two of their syrups: the maple, which was delicious, and the Bourbon Vanilla, which wasn’t really for us (we’re not drinkers). If you’re a bourbon lover, though, be sure to ask for it: the bourbon flavor REALLY comes through. (They also offer a jalapeño syrup that we opted to not try.) I should also note that I really appreciated that the butter on the side was already thoroughly softened, and that it was clearly whipped butter as opposed to stick butter. I’m sure there are plenty of readers that share my frustration of having to use cold, rock-hard butter squares on hot pancakes or waffles. EATS! has your back.

As for the chicken portion of the Harlem Chicken & Waffles… I can’t say enough good things about it. These may have been the best chicken tenders I’ve ever had in my life: plump, juicy, flavorful, and a coating that was crunchy but not overwhelmingly so. It enhanced and complemented the flavor of the chicken as opposed to overtaking it, as is more often the case with tenders. It was perfectly seasoned, like really good southern fried chicken. I could go back again and just get the chicken and be happy!

We also ordered a side of garlic mashed potatoes, which was also amazing: hot, thick, with a garlic flavor that was present but not overpowering. Oh, and a dab of soft whipped butter on top that quickly melted and made great mashed potatoes even greater!

Our server Christy was friendly and helpful, and saw to it that we were well taken care of. That, coupled with the great food and relaxing atmosphere, pretty much guarantees that we’ll be back to EATS! in the near future.

1  Thank TheFickleFoodies
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I thought this was a bigger place but it is a smaller sports bar. I wasn't prepared for the large portions- and I researched it on the web. I had the burger (amazing) and mac and cheese (extra cheesy and creamy) and finally the broccoli and cheese. In other restaurants you get a small portion - nope - I would suggest you share. This is a great neighborhood sports with great food. I am coming back to try the wings!!!!!

Been to Eats! American Grill? Share your experiences!