“A Very Special Evening”

Olde World Sailing Line
More attraction details
Owner description: Come sail with us as we pay tribute to the grand age of seafaring. Experience "First Class" service and exquisite cuisine on a 44’ classic blue water yacht. Half-day, full day, sunset or custom voyages daily from Tampa. Entertain visiting guests, special clients, or treat yourself. Whether a relaxing afternoon at sea, a romantic onboard dinner at sunset, or an inspiring full moon adventure cruise, you will create memories that will last a lifetime. Olde World Sailing Line is proud to be named "2015 Best Local Cruise" by the prestigious Tampa Bay Magazine in their annual "Best of Tampa Bay" issue.
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Kathy and Captain Mack were extraordinary hosts. From the moment that their beautiful sailboat glided up to the dock they did everything they could to make us feel it was "our" boat, if only for a few hours.

Friendly and informative, they had many tales to tell. But they also gave us the "run of the boat" and we went forward to enjoy the view from near the bow.

Kathy and the captain were constantly concerned for our comfort. "We have blankets." We didn't need them on a beautiful early November night. And they were almost insistent that we avail ourselves of "chairs". They even had an armchair style. But we found the deck comfortable forward, and the cushions in the cockpit were more than adequate.

While we were forward on the bow Kathy surprised us when she joined us with her Irish harp. Her playing was lovely. It was no surprise to learn she studied the instrument in grad school and had been with the Tampa Orchestra. What a nice touch.

As the sun neared the horizon the skipper queued up the Navy hymn. And then the former French horn player saluted the setting of the sun with an impressive blast from a large conch shell. I was invited to try, but demurred.

Then as we opened a bottle of wine we;d brought Kathy put out a nice tray of cheese, various crackers and more.

Our time aboard was over all too soon. It was infectious. It made us think that maybe we could live aboard a sailboat. A beautiful, romantic fantasy.

As the only guests booked, we had the boat to ourselves. But I am confident that Cap'n Mack and Kathy always make everyone feel very special when they are aboard.

We did not have dinner aboard. Something for next time?

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We recently sailed with Cathy and Jim aboard the lionheart. We were in town for my birthday, and i had no clue my now fiance' intended to propose that night. We sailed on the sunset cruise. Jim was kind enough to work with us on timing, there was a lighting storm hovering over the bay that made it seen like we would have to cancel. Once we finally got on our way the experience was wonderful. The ship is beautiful and has an olde world charm. Captain Jim and Cathy were so great. They provided and excellent ambience and the perfect setting for a proposal. Cathy was even sweet enough to help us celebrate with a mini weding cake. It was truly a beutiful and memorable night. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

1  Thank SaulnAmanda
James M, Owner at Olde World Sailing Line, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

King Neptune and the weather gods shined on you guys - your beautiful engagement was meant to be! We wish you both the very best of luck and thank you for selecting Olde World Sailing Line for this extraordinary occasion. May the winds be at your back.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Absolutely amazing experience! Had a lunch/dinner cruise to adjust for the weather. Jim and Cathy went above and beyond to provide an experience that we will never forget. This story will always be told as how I proposed to my soon to be wife aboard the lionheart.

Engagement sails are our very favorites - and yours was absolutely magical! August was a tough month trying schedule sails around the almost daily thunderstorms - yours was meant to be! Thank you so much for the kind words.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Aug 25 I had my first sail boat experience with my Boyfriend for our anniversary. Kathy and Jim helped make the experience unforgettable with a wonderful lunch and harp playing. They are so very nice and knowledgable. Topping off my day my BF proposed. I will never forget this day! I definitely will be back!

Thank you for choosing Lionheart to launch your new adventure. We enjoyed introducing you to the joys of life under sails as you begin your new life together. Many thanks for joining us - hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Sailing at the Lionhart is a wonderful experience! Jim and Kathy care about every single detail to make you feel pampered and have a great time! They are very warm personable and they know how to surprise you! The weather was excellent and I have wonderful memories from this trip. I definetely plan on going again!