“Gnocchi, just for me.”

Neighbourhood: Historic Ybor
Tampa, FL
“Gnocchi, just for me.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

In general, I don't go out for Italian food. My stepmother has ruined me with her amazing marinara and Italian dishes and I have come to judge all Italian food by the bar that she has set. Not many places can live up to her level of cooking. La Terrazza did.

When some friends picked an Italian place, I was hoping for gnocchi on the menu but did not find it. So I asked the waiter, who is possibly also the owner of establishment. He assured me that he would check to see if they could make this happen. He returned to the table and assured me "Just for you, we make gnocchi!". I ordered mine with their marinara sauce and when the waiter suggested to dress the dish with a large helping of fresh basil, I quickly agreed.

Yes, gnocchi marinara is a simple dish, but it was perfect. The marinara was the closest I have ever found in a restaurant to the sauce my stepmother makes. It tasted like home.

Everyone at my table was happy with their dishes, the service was prompt and friendly and the restaurant was a welcome respite from the bustle of 7th Ave on a Friday night.

1 Thank Melessee

Venice, Florida
“cozy italian dinner”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is in the heart of ybor city. Its a very small restaurant sandwiched between a cigar shop and a kareoke bar. However unless you sit near the windows overlooking the sidewalk you would never know. The inside is quiet and quaintly decorated. The service is very personable, most of the servers are straight here from italy, as I assume the chef is too. If you want to people watch get a table near the windows in the front. Ybor city has people from all walks of life and beliefs and interests walking around, can be very entertaining. Tiramisu for desert was AMAZINg. Will go again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank MaryCorene
Florida
“Local Loves It!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I've lived here in Tampa well over forty years. Some really good places have come and gone. Lucky for you, this one came and never went! All the excellent reviews here have it right---Luigi and company have it exactly on-the-money, i.e. there's just everything to appreciate about this place's service and food. Don't miss! [The Alla Vodka may not be on the menu...they'll make you a superior one if you ask!]

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank WCoastFLman
Valrico, Florida
“Nice place, but not awesome”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I REALLY wanted to like this place because of all the reviews. We went once a few months ago before a show and both ordered standard dishes (lasagna and chicken parm), but wished we had tried something less common. We went again last week and, while it was good, it just wasn't super awesome. The man working, not sure if that was the owner, was very nice and prompt...at first. We ordered a caprese to start and you can't really mess that up - the mozzarella was delicious. My husband ordered the sausage and chicken thighs (don't ask me to say it in Italian!) and I ordered the frutti di mare. Both were good, but didn't wow our socks off. I think we were both wanting some comfort Italian dishes (is that what we ordered the first time?). I was in the mood for a big bowl of irregular shaped home made pasta and this was good, but not quite what I wanted. As the night went on they took a BIG to go order and it slowed down everything. We were patient and understanding, but we waited an excessive amount to get our check and pay. There were only two people working the dining room. My husband and I can't decide if we really like the place or if we're trying to like it because it is a small locally owned non-chain restaurant. I wouldn't complain if someone wanted to go there, but not sure I'd pick it.

Tampa, Florida
“Excellent from start to finish!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our server Luigi made the entire experience amazing! The wine list is excellent with various wines and prices. The food was fresh and amazing (spinach ravioli in tomato cream sauce for me!) and an antipasti plate that was excellent. The location in Ybor is close to other places if you want a pre (or post) drink. Great for a dinner with friends or a romantic meal for 2. Don't miss this perfect place!!! We will be back!