“Solid experience all around”

Ichiban Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #418 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have been looking for a delicious and reliable (in quality) sushi place near my home and finally found it this past weekend.
- Cozy atmosphere without feeling crowded (kids are welcome, but also an intimate feel)
- Very good quality raw fish, along with many other options
- Good service
- Amazing deal vis-a-vis price without sacrificing quality, unlike the local all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant
My only complaints are: the plum wine is too syrupy-sweet.
Also, I wish they were open later on weekend nights!

There are newer reviews for Ichiban Japanese Cuisine

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Waited a while for the appetizer then waited forever for the sushi rolls, that I even had to ask if my order was being made. In addition to that usually the sushi is good but tonight it was terrible. It was so sappy, sloppy and not rolled tightly that I would not want to go again.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This has long been a favorite sushi place, it's been around 25 years and I have been making pilgrimages to it for 12 of those years. Went back again this week while in town and was not disappointed! Excellent specialty rolls as well as old standards, THE BEST dynamite roll I've ever had!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Wow, what an incredible sush and Japanese restaurant. Order the Dynamite appetizer right away since it takes about 20 minutes. The staff is wonderful, always smiling and helping. The sushi very fresh with a lot of traditional Japanese favorites for the non sushi eater. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

It's okay. I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal out of it. If anyone hasn't tried Sushi Alive yet, then I would high recommend it. My server who was a little slow and forgetful. I'm pretty sure it was one of the new owners since the previous owners left. I came before with my family and I ordered a chicken dish for dinner, but the server (one of the owners) forgot to put it in. I came in again and I ordered and she forgot again. I didn't say anything this time though because I probably won't come back. I also have heard her talk rudely about another customer as I walked to the bathroom before so it's not really comforting. The environment is nothing like how it was before with the old owners.

Been to Ichiban Japanese Cuisine? Share your experiences!