“I'm so, so, sorry to say this but this was bad.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,109 of 2,357 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Haines City, Florida
“I'm so, so, sorry to say this but this was bad.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Things change in life, we should not expect things to stay the same over the years. CDB's used to be so very good years ago with the original owners. We went back today with the highest of expectations and what we got was not even close to the original pizza. The name is the same and that's where it stops. The quality of the ingredients which years ago separated it from the competition is now gone. I guess I should have realized that once I saw the sushi business right next door. The sushi restaurant owns CDB's. Enough said. I'm so sad about today. Good service, clean restaurant, great history, decent pricing, just not the same in any way..........

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Tampa, Florida
“pizza for the ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Recently visited CDB's on E. Fowler Ave., Tampa. I had been a customer nearly 40 years ago when living in Tampa, but saw it advertised and took my wife and son there as we were passing through Tampa on way to vacation. The service is okay, but the food was delicious. We had two different pizzas, and a delicious salad, along with a pitcher of Sangria. We could only half of the two pizzas and took them along with us to our vacation place, where we shared with the rest of our family. We will go back when we have the chance. They are in the same location as we knew it from 40 years ago. They have pizza down to an art. Nice and thick, good cheese and ingredients.

• Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Delicious lunch!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Went out for a shopping day and ended up at CDB for lunch! Our server was very friendly and helpful. We split a CDB pizza which was amazing and the CDB chef salad. Wow!! Very delicious. What a great secret in Temple Terrace! The food and the server were excellent and the restaurant was very clean.

• Visited May 2013
Florida
“Nothing Like the Old CDB's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

My husband and I had not visited CDB's in about twenty years, but we were nearby and decided to try it for lunch. It turned out to be nothing to rave about and the service was very odd.

We sat in the bar, which I don't remember from the past, because we always sat in the larger restaurant area. The bar is very small, narrow, and dark. But, it seemed to accommodate two large parties that were there and still not feel crowded. We sat at a four-top and the waiter took our drink order as soon as we were seated.

He returned with the drinks quickly and took our order. My husband ordered the cheese sticks and a "Hard Hat" sub, which usually comes with a salad or soup, but my husband requested french fries instead. These are an additional cost, not a substitute. I went for the Chicken Fettucini Alfredo, which comes with a side salad or soup and garlic bread. I opted for a salad with blue cheese dressing, which was fresh and good.

The cheese sticks were warm, not hot, when served, and cooled off very quickly. The taste was pretty bland and the tomato sauce in which to dip them was actually a little bitter. It's extremely rare that my husband leaves any cheese sticks on the table, but half were left untouched. He said his sub was good and asked for a box to take one half home.

My fettucini was served with what looked like a whole, poached chicken breast sitting underneath the pasta, which I proceeded to cut into strips. I don't usually have to season this type of sauce in a restaurant, but after a taste I added parmesan from the table shaker, pepper and salt. It was very bland, otherwise, and the chicken had no flavor. The "garlic" bread was not garlicky at all and tasted slightly stale, to be honest. Since the waiter had placed two take-out boxes on the table, I put about half of the fettucini into one to "doctor" at home.

I mentioned that the service was odd. Our waiter never looked either one of us in the eyes and basically plopped things down on our table as he was moving about. He was very polite, but perhaps overwhelmed, being that he appeared to be the only server in that room. I got the feeling that he was tired and anxious for lunchtime to be over.

All in all, we'll probably not be back, as there are plenty of Italian restaurants in the area with better tasting dishes and friendlier wait staff.

• Visited April 2013
Missouri
“Fabulous pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Was recommended by hotel desk clerk - right on! Two of us split the small margherita so we wouldn't have leftovers. It was just the right size and oh-so-good! Huge basil flavor--fresh basil in every bite. Yummy cheese and crust. Cold beer on tap. Great dinner--thanks for the recommendation.

• Visited April 2013