“Simply not worth it.”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$21 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North Lois Avenue
Description: Fleming's Tampa, FL is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located across from the International Plaza and Bay Street in Westshore, just a few miles from Downtown Tampa.
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Recent weekday dinner with three colleagues, drinks and steaks, $500 tab. We had two servers assigned, but they spent most of their time with a ten topper and left us stranded. My high priced steak was poorly cooked and tasted even worse. We were in an elevated corner booth, but the acoustics were so poor we had trouble hearing each other. Had a similar experience years ago and forgot the details. Don't think I'll make that mistake again.

2  Thank Hoosiertraveler007

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My wife and I ordered the Filet to share with the baked brie as an appetizer. Everything from the bread before dinner to the main course tasted absolutely amazing. Our steak was cooked to perfection and was probably the best steak we have had in a long time.
Since they were extremely busy, our appetizer took a little longer than normal. We brought our issue up to the manager/operating partner in a guest survey that we completed on our receipt. We immediately got a call from Jorge Diaz and to my surprise he seemed very concerned. He sincerely apologized and turned the issue that we had around immediately. He went above and beyond for us. These days this type of concern from a restaurant is very rare.
This is how all restaurants should be managed. Jorge seemed to have a true passion for his restaurant and to me it seemed he also has a stake in the restaurant since he was a managing partner. Based on what I have experienced here at this Fleming's (Tampa) I can honestly say that I highly recommend this store to anyone looking for great food and most important caring and premium service. Thank You Mr. Diaz for a wonderful experience at your store.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I visited tonight for a light dinner and drinks. We found some room at the bar, which is very spacious. They have a great little menu for six bucks plus drink specials. Martinis were terrific. We ordered the burger and salt and pepper shrimp. The food came out in a timely manner for a restaurant of this type. All I can say was it was fabulous. I had the prime blue cheese bacon burger medium rare. I couldn't possibly come up with something negative to say about it. Simply terrific, juicy and tasty with plenty of bacon and blue cheese. My wife got salt and pepper shrimp, which was more tempura style with green beans. Again great value and taste. The bartenders were outgoing and very informative. If I can say one thing....people, put away the cell phones or go outside. You aren't that important. It ruins it for people like me whom don't live on them that are trying to enjoy a nice evening. Have some respect. This should be standard practice in restaurants.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

For all the fuss and hype, it is a steakhouse with a dated decor, overly priced and stuffy. The steaks were alright. If you like an old steakhouse with large portions of traditional steak with an unimaginative menu, and do not mind the 1980s decor, this maybe for you. It is not a bad place, but certainly not worth the price.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We went for my mother-in-law's birthday. It was good, but be prepared to pay! My wife had a ribeye, my sister in law and I had the 6 oz filet, and my mother in law had a "small plate." We shared a calamari appetizer, 3 glasses of wine, (total, not each), 2 desserts, and 2 cappuccinos. Total bill was $304, before tip. The dining room is huge, so there's nothing cozy or intimate about the atmosphere. The wine list is extensive, with many wines available by the glass, but very few under $12 per glass. Finally, the parking lot was very big, but had only 5 handicapped spaces. In summary, it's too expensive for a chain. If you want to blow the budget, go to Bern's.

Been to Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar? Share your experiences!