“Lunch ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

First time visit. Beautiful restaurant. Nice wait staff. Enjoyed the homemade bread and pasta carbonara! Would definitely go again!

2  Thank DawnSp

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We typically don't dine at Bella's because the service is generally not up to par, and tonight wasn't any different then our other experiences a year ago! Except, this time it reminded me of asking a hamburger place to take "the pickle out of the burger". All I wanted was fettuccine Alfredo without any garnish, chicken or even paprika around the plate. My party heard me say: "No garnish, ALL WHITE, noodles and cheese please". I don't have to tell you it didn't come that way, but after the waiter gave me the shoulder shrug, he finally asked if I wanted it redone. My bad; why did I say yes?! I'm no chef but you would think when an order is NOT prepared to the patron's standard, the re-make should be considered a priority. Well, not in this case. I also don't mean "jump every table's position because I'm special", however when several (as in 5 or 6) tables were served before my dish came back I stood up and asked to cancel my order. I hope you agree I had to do that especially since my party had already finished eating,not a good meal either. In their own words:"the red sauce didn't taste that good". By the way, the waiter leaning and raising his arm in front of my wife's face to serve me my bread didn't help either, especially when he could have walked 2 feet to the other side of the table where no one was seating.

So here is the real reason I'm writing this review on an Easter Sunday: not only the waiter told me I was not going to be charged for the dish I ordered (no kidding, since I didn't wanted anymore nor did I eat it). But when the pseudo manager, at least I believe he was the acting manager tonight, came and also said, "I'll be sure not to charge you for the fettuccine", that did not sit well with me. I have a good job, I promise, I can afford the $20 the dish cost or I wouldn't have taken my party to dinner. I wasn't looking for a free meal!! All I wanted is to eat at the same time as my party and yes, I take the responsibility for asking "to take the pickle out of the hamburger".

2  Thank Nacho L
Reviewed 19 April 2014

South Tampa mainstay and favorite. Good, diverse Italian food menu. Service generally good, but seems to have a fair turnover of waitstaff like many places.

1  Thank Hoosiertraveler007
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I live in Tampa and dine out frequently, and Bella's is one of my favorites. The food is always delicious, and the atmosphere is nice and relaxing upscale but casual. You can really tell that all their sauces and everything is extremely fresh and homemade. Parking is kind of annoying at times, but they did recently get valet, so that helps. They do also have a late night menu that I believe is half off on some things which is great!

1  Thank DR540
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful meal here for our 24th Anniversary. Bella's was perfect. Intimate but casual. Attentive service, friendly people. The meal itself was wonderful. Our pasta dishes were prepared perfectly. They make the pasta in house and I can tell the difference. I could go on, but I need to go eat my leftovers!

1  Thank JulieBee813

Been to Bella's Italian Cafe? Share your experiences!