“Always easy and Great”

Bella's Italian Cafe
Ranked #35 of 2,380 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“Always easy and Great”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have dinner at Bella's several times a month. With so many great restaurants in south Tampa, it's up against a lot of competition. But, it's always an easy choice to pick Bella's. They always have great upscale, but affordable, italian food, fresh pasta and sauces, wood fired pizza. Plus, they are open late if you are out after a show or something. The service is always great as well. The ambiance is lively. Only thing is parking can be tricky when it's busy. You may need to park a block or two away.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank TampaFive

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“very nice”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Service was great...food was very good...no attitude just a nice relaxing birthday dinner with the family...a good value

Visited May 2014
San Jose, California
“Lunch ”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

First time visit. Beautiful restaurant. Nice wait staff. Enjoyed the homemade bread and pasta carbonara! Would definitely go again!

2 Thank DawnSp
“Great Hostess, OK Food, but HORRIBLE Service”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We typically don't dine at Bella's because the service is generally not up to par, and tonight wasn't any different then our other experiences a year ago! Except, this time it reminded me of asking a hamburger place to take "the pickle out of the burger". All I wanted was fettuccine Alfredo without any garnish, chicken or even paprika around the plate. My party heard me say: "No garnish, ALL WHITE, noodles and cheese please". I don't have to tell you it didn't come that way, but after the waiter gave me the shoulder shrug, he finally asked if I wanted it redone. My bad; why did I say yes?! I'm no chef but you would think when an order is NOT prepared to the patron's standard, the re-make should be considered a priority. Well, not in this case. I also don't mean "jump every table's position because I'm special", however when several (as in 5 or 6) tables were served before my dish came back I stood up and asked to cancel my order. I hope you agree I had to do that especially since my party had already finished eating,not a good meal either. In their own words:"the red sauce didn't taste that good". By the way, the waiter leaning and raising his arm in front of my wife's face to serve me my bread didn't help either, especially when he could have walked 2 feet to the other side of the table where no one was seating.

So here is the real reason I'm writing this review on an Easter Sunday: not only the waiter told me I was not going to be charged for the dish I ordered (no kidding, since I didn't wanted anymore nor did I eat it). But when the pseudo manager, at least I believe he was the acting manager tonight, came and also said, "I'll be sure not to charge you for the fettuccine", that did not sit well with me. I have a good job, I promise, I can afford the $20 the dish cost or I wouldn't have taken my party to dinner. I wasn't looking for a free meal!! All I wanted is to eat at the same time as my party and yes, I take the responsibility for asking "to take the pickle out of the hamburger".

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Nacho L
Tampa, Florida
“Good, solid restaurant”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

South Tampa mainstay and favorite. Good, diverse Italian food menu. Service generally good, but seems to have a fair turnover of waitstaff like many places.

Visited April 2014