“Best Sushi In Tampa!!!”

Ranked #200 of 2,367 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brandon, Florida, United States
“Best Sushi In Tampa!!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The best Sush you will eat in the Tampa area, hands down!!

I am a retired military vet and have been fortunate to have tried Sushi from coast to coast as well as around the world, to include Japan. If it were in my budget I would eat it more often. A patron of Matoi for over 10 years now, I have tried many of the other spots in the local area, from St. Pete, Ybor City, Brandon, you name it. It just doesn't get fresher or taster than at Sam's place on Dale Mabry.

Matoi Sushi and its staff are very friendly and their service is top notch! You will find all your favorites that you are accustomed to from a Sushi menu and then some. So if you have someone that isn't into raw fish, they won't be disappointed with the cooked selections. What you won't find at other places is the size of the cuts you receive when you order your Sushi or Shashimi.

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Lim, I don't know how you manage to constantly get better with time but you do. I'll see you the next time I am in the area!!

• Visited February 2014

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Never disappointed!!!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We have been to many restaurants who fail after a few visits. We have come to Matoi's for over a year and still have not been disappointed. We always try new items with a few old favorites and love them all. Fresh, clean and always accommodating. Our families favorite Sushi place hands down. We drive 30-40 minutes and it is always worth it. Enjoy!!!!

Apollo Beach, Florida
“Great Korean Great Sushi”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is my favorite Korean (Pork Bulgogi) and Sushi place in Tampa. I'm a regular here and the staff goes out of their way to make be feel welcome. They just recently started a happy hour, so my favorite place just got better.

Visited January 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST SUSHI ”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I have never ever had sushi anywhere as fresh an reasonably priced anywhere!!!! The dancing eel roll is to die for along with their chicken fried rice. I live in st pete an drive almost 30 minutes to eat there. It's worth the drive. They also have huge fish tanks that keep you occupied till the food comes out. NO DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER. 2 thumbs up

Lucca, Italy
“Buonissimo !!!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I come all the way from Lucca, Italy and this is the BEST SUSHI IN TAMPA ! Food is fresh and excellent and the people are wonderful ! I love this restaurant and recommend it to everyone !!!

• Visited December 2013