“Stop here for sweets”

Dining options: Breakfast
Orlando, Florida
“Stop here for sweets”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

There's nowhere I've been in the States quite like Alessi. The scachatta is this interesting, room temperature pizza that's weirdly addictive. They have all these specialty Italian sweets like bomboloni and struffoli, but the main draw for me are the cookies. Oh my God, the rainbow cookies. You can't compare them to any you've had previously. It's a "must visit" for me every time I'm in Tampa.

• Visited June 2014

Tampa, Florida
“A Ton Of Sweet, Fresh Goodness for All”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

If you want to experience a true, Italian bakery, then this place is for you. With so many fresh, baked items from which to choose, it's really hard to decide. So, make your up mind before stepping inside. :-) By the way, there's a feisty young woman who's worked here for 30 years this month. She is self-proclaimed half Italian and half Polish. It's clear she truly loves what she does because it shows with her friendliness to the customers and the fun she has with her co-workers.

• Visited May 2014
Breckenridge, Colorado
“A Sweet place to visit!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

What a wonderful and amazing place to get a great lunch and a sweet treat or 2 or 3. The Cuban sandwich was excellent and pizza was great. The napoleons and princess cake, cannolis came in every flavor and were excellent. We also got pineapple upside down cakes, apple turnovers and guava turnovers. Our week was complete!!! Everyone needs to visit at least once in a lifetime.

• Visited April 2014
Tampa, FL
“go to bakery in Tampa”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

if you need a baked good or some delish Tampa treats, this is always the place to go. I have had many of their treats, and none have disappointed. I just learned about scachatta (sp?) a couple years ago, and it's so addicting! I always buy the smalled one they have, I eat the whole thing!

Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida
“Don't miss out on the Scachatta”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A good friend of mine took me in one day a few years back and said "Don't miss out on the scachatta" - I did not know what it until I tasted it. Holy Moly! This is my first and last stop before leaving Tampa. On my first stop I usually get a fresh made sub and a snack size scachatta. On my last stop I get some of the wonderful pastries and a half sheet of shachatta to take home to the family. So I give all the readers the same advice I once received. So not miss out on the scachatta! (and other goodies)

• Visited August 2013