“Noisy Restaurant, Slow Service, Mediocre Food”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #435 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I believe the title says it all. We were seated in the bar area even though the restaurant was nearly empty on a week night. Our server also seemed to be the bar tender which probably accounted for the slow service. He was friendly however. I was not impressed with my dish "chicken under a brick'. Another guest at the table ordered sea bass. It was very bland and did an injustice to what is a fine fish. I would probably choose another Italian place the next time.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We've been going to the one on Bruce B Downs in New Tampa for a while. It's very clean and the food has always been great. We love the focaccia! My favorite is Chicken Marsala while my husband is a spaghetti and meatball guy. The salad is fresh and the portions are right on. It can get very loud in the main area so we prefer to have a booth in the bar area.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

After a tiring day of running errands and a little Black Friday shopping, I met a friend here around 10:00 pm. It was close to my last stop and my friends last stop.

The place was almost empty but the bartender, Wil, was very friendly and sad to come in and relax. So we did.

I decided I could have one drink but I was not sure if I wanted wine or something else. My friend was in the same mood. Wil said they had great Specialty Drinks and it was Happy Hour. I am a little leery of specialty drinks and I told him I did not like frou-frou drinks. He told me about a vodka martini made with blood orange and it was GREAT!. My friend had a frozen concoction that looked tasty in a tall glass. These were not our parents cocktails!!!

Wil also told us that there were food specials at that hour and so we had a pepperoni pizza and it was GREAT!!!

Shame on us for forgetting about Macaroni Grill! It may be a chain but it was the perfect place to relax after a crazy day.

WIl and the manager both were very pleasant and we had a nice discussion with both of them.

Thank you for a nice time and the perfect way to talk to a girlfriend who I need to stay in touch with.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful lunch!! Went out with my sister, mom, and niece. Ken our server was great and very helpful!! Enjoyed my Italian bake and my sister enjoyed her chicken Parmesan. My mom loved her shrimp Alfredo. We enjoyed our wine and loved my birthday Tiramisu. What a great day and a very delicious lunch with the family!!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is our go to restaurant when we want to have a quiet peaceful meal. Always good eats!!! We really enjoy the fresh bread and olive oil with pepper to dip it in.

Been to Romano's Macaroni Grill? Share your experiences!