“Birthday acknowledging ”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North of Fletcher & South of Ehrlich
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Was okay January 28 (per husband request) his birthday went to Arigato. The owner sang happy birthday to two other tables and not ours. I think that was very rude. Won't be back

1  Thank Sylvia R

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My family loved Arigato in North Tampa. My Dad was very excited when we took him to the new location in North Tampa for his 90th birthday. His free meal for his birthday ended up costing him more (with my Mother's meal) than what we paid for ours. My husband ate none of his food. When the bus boy asked if there was a problem, my husband told him he had found hair in his food. This was relayed to the waitress (we saw him tell her) and she totally ignored it. In order not to make a scene, we paid for my husband's dinner. The quality of the food, the quantity of the food and the expensive prices, along with the "free" birthday dinner fiasco has led us across the street to Kobes. If you want customers you are going to have change - drastically. Although the atmosphere was good, we have no intention of returning.

1  Thank sandih5
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Avoid this place at all costs! This place has gone down hill because of the POOR management and therefore poor staff. My party of five arrived at 6 pm and was seated by 6:10. The taking of our orders, and serving of our soup and salad were staggered. When the chef arrived, he reconfirmed our order, and for some reason left our table. He returned moments later to tell us that he'd have to check with his manager regarding the grill that was not hot. (Note: at this point, the intelligent thing would have been to ask us to move to another table). He returns again and says that the grill would take 25 minutes to heat and we'd need to move, so we did, with no help. Next, he said "I'll be right back." We were thinking we'd start right away which was the whole purpose of relocating to a new hibachi table. (Note: our raw food now has been sitting out and close to one of the girls in the party for over 15 mins) When the server comes over, I told her the chef left and she had the nerve to ask me "We'll, where did he go." At this point, it's obvious that this team needs to be trained in customer service; with all the movement and confusion a manager should have come over. However, that only happened because I requested to speak to him; that's when it became clear that we would not be eating at this hibachi place ever again, or even that evening. His body language was smug and lackadaisical; he didn't apologize but only offered excuses around the time of the experience which he claimed is an hour and a half. It was 7pm, so we'd already waited over 45 minutes, so I asked him exactly when our "experience" would actually start. I cannot recall word for word what transpired, but I told him I was cancelling my order in part because he did nothing to assuage the situation. In fact, he turned my stomach with his rude and dismissive responses. My party agreed and we all left. Thank goodness for Anthony's Coal fire pizza!

1  Thank shai22
Reviewed 9 October 2013

How disappointing! My 12 year old daughter chose Arigato on North Dale Mabry for her birthday dinner. We arrived with 10 family members, gifts, cupcakes and a birthday girl banner. They told us about the birthday special ($20 off dinner for the birthday person). Then the manager proceeded to ask if we had ID for my daughter to prove it was her birthday - seriously!? We told him she was 12 and didn't have ID. He said they would not be able to honor the birthday special - then wished her a happy birthday!! After spending over $300 on dinner - the manager still refused. Needles to say, we won't be returning to this location. By the way - when we made the reservation and told them it was for a birthday, we were never told to bring ID for a child!

3  Thank mmc1230
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The food was blah. Lots of starch: lots of rice and pasta. Less veggies. The soup is now Only broth. The prices are very high. I want to love this place but i can no longer recommend it. Yes, they will argue about the coupons.

3  Thank ellen g