“Best Vietnamese”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Tampa, Florida
“Best Vietnamese”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is by far the best Vietnamese restaurant in the Bay area. We have been there many times and never been disappointed with lunch or dinner. Service has always been great very helpful with any special needs requested. Been going there since they were Little Saigon on North Armenia so that make about 30 yrs and still going. Thank you Trang for a great experience and PLEASE open in south Tampa.

• Visited August 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Go For The PHO "Noodle Soup" -Lots of Vegan Options”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Arrived at this delicious restaurant after slogging through the tripadvisor travel app....we were not disappointed.

Ok, It's in a strip mall, and it has basic furniture, but it's very clean and the menu is giant with something for everyone!

Really, if you can't find something on this menu whether it be beef, chicken, fish, shellfish, veggies, or vegan than there is something seriously wrong. Prices are mid range, and the portions for most menu items are large, and well prepared.

A nice big Pho or 'noodle soup' with meat or fish is the perfect soup to start your 'Vietnamese eating adventure at this very good restaurant. It is served perfectly with mung bean sprouts, fresh basil, and lime on the side.

You can build from there from the massive menu (it's a little overwhelming to be honest). Tom Chua (Hue Sour Shrimp) was excellent but skip the shrimp salad on the app menu...tasted good, but very small shrimp and 2 pieces of lettuce.

Nem Ran or Cha Gio (fried spring roll) was excellent. We had the meat and vegan option. Vegan got a big thumbs up from my teenage daughter.

• Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida
“A great option for vegans and omnivores alike”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I have always enjoyed this place. I used to eat there when I was a vegan and now that i am back to my omnivorous diet I still enjoy it. They have an amazing vegan cheesecake. The decor does leave a bit to be desired, sure, but I go there for the food and not for the ambiance.

• Visited June 2013
Hallowell, Maine
“Yum!”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

You CANNOT beat the lunch specials or the montly vegan buffet specials! Service is amazing and the food is even better -- I live 1,800 miles away and Trang is on my To-Visit list EVERY time I'm in town -- in fact, I schedule my visits around the buffet weekend! No one will go hungry -- this is positively delicious food!!

Visited April 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Very nice find”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

By luck we drove past Trang on our recent trip to Tampa. For dinner that night we went there and had a lovely dinner. The owner, Tang, was our host and waiter. We enjoyed a light dinner and particularly enjoyed the appetizers which were spring rolls with sweet potato and bits of pork.
Our main dish was a type of omelet with shrimp and various veggies. Dessert was a fried banana. This fried banana was amazing. Think sweet coconut cream and tiny tapioca pearls drizzled over a lightly coated fried banana. Yummy!

• Visited March 2013

Been to Trang Viet Cuisine? Share your experiences!