“Delicious”
Review of Michael's Grill

Michael's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #260 of 2,400 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Delicious”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Their sticky pudding dessert is awesome. It is so nice to have restaurants right in your home area.
The people who own it are nice and are back paying attention to the details running the restaurant.

• Visited June 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“What a gem”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I was taken to lunch at Michael's by a colleague while on business in Tampa and had a superb blackened salmon salad. The service was genuinely friendly, the portion was large, and the quality of dish was second to none. In fact, I liked the restaurant so much, I came back than evening. The restaurant is located off Dale Mabry and is located in a tree lined square reminiscent of squares in France or Italy. It was absolutely tranquil. I had the "Bobby Flay Steak" which was a small fillet Mignon in a southwest sauce, a double baked potato and broccoli. Like lunch, dinner was exquisite. The meal was topped off by a visit to my table by Chef Michael decked out in black checked pants and a lofty chef's hate. Loved it. And, by the way, the prices for the meal and atmosphere were surprisingly and pleasingly reasonable. Eat there.

• Visited May 2013
Tampa, Florida
“A long-time favorite, but has been falling off...”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Have visited Michael's for many years. Was one of my all-time Tampa favorites. And I give great patronage to locally owned establishments. But I must admit, I haven't been in a while. But I intend to go back and hope for what it used to be. The prices have always been a bit steep. But the atmosphere and service always kept me going back. The crab cakes are the best I've had anywhere. Love the Fall in Love pasta dish. Love the Strawberry Fields salad. At the prices charged, the service MUST stay top-notch. But my last few visits were not so great. Just less attentive. Servers too distracted. I always ordered wine, even knowing that the prices were stiff. But when suddenly the portions were getting cut, well, I quit order wine! I discovered one of my all-time favorite wines at Michael's. I couldn't get it anywhere retail, so I started ordering it from the winery in Washington State. So I KNOW the prices of the wine. That favorite wine at Michael's at $12/glass. I can get for $11/bottle from the winery without the buying power of a wine store or restaurant. I always have wine with a meal, but started avoiding it at Michaels. Not just because of the price, but because they started holding back on the portion. I'd skip the wine, and have it when I returned home! I expect what is often a pretty good mark-up on wine when I go to a restaurant or bar. But this restaurant is on the very upper end of the allowable scale. But again, I used to order it knowing that. But then that cut in portion came along. Anyway. I intend to give it another try. Really, really liked it before. Hoping it can meet my expectation again. Also, for cost per person I have to give it $$$ which is the standard for formal dining, even though this is casual dining.

• Visited April 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Over priced and mediocre service”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

After trying just about every restaurant in our neighborhood, my girlfriend and I finally tried Michael's Grill for Valentine's Day. What a bust!

Their fix price menu was way overpriced for what they offered ($65 per person did not even include drinks and the desert was really small and cheap) and our waitress was inattentive and mediocre.

Overall I would not recommend this place or go back. For the prices they charge there are much better restaurants in Carrollwood.

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service and overpriced”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Waitress was terrible, food was average, and all for a price fix of $65 pp is just unacceptable. Will not return.

1 Thank jayzre