“Cuban Sandwich Heaven!”

Ranked #6 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: In 1948, Brocato’s opened its doors for business. From grocery store to meat market, to sandwich shop, Brocato’s has always strived to provide the best sandwich in Tampa, combined with friendly service. These valuse, coupled with the hard work and dedication of the Brocato’s family, have attracted and maintained loyal customers through the years. Fast forward 63 years later to 2012, and while countless restaurants, diners and sandwich shops have come and gone, Brocato’s is still making the best sandwich with the best service in Tampa. Everyone at Brocato’s is committed to giving you, our customers, the best sandwich and the best service possible. We thank you for making Brocato’s one of Tampa Bay’s long standing traditions.
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

LONG line... WORTH THE WAIT! There's a reason they've been in business since 1948! Cuban sandwich was stuffed with ham, yummy pork, etc... Home made Devil Crab was awesome! Can't wait to go back and try their Stuffed Potato, Empanadas, and more! I'll be back SOON!!!

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I asked my coworker, "do you think a stuffed potato and 9-inch Cuban will be too much food?" He says, "Nah. You love it." He was right on one thing: I loved the food. He was wrong on the other: it was too much to eat in one sitting. The potato was like a Shepherd's Pie/Twice Baked Potato/Sicilian Arancini combination. Yumm.

The Cuban was one of the best I've had in Tampa. A friend recommended Brocato's and for that I thank him.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you're going to be in the Tampa area for any reason, and want a really good Cuban sandwich, make time to visit Brocato's. My wife and I ate there after touring the Cigar City Brewery, and we agreed that they served up the best Cuban we've ever had. We found the place after finding an internet article about the six best restaurants in Tampa to obtain Cuban food (we visited two this trip, Brocato's and the Columbia in Clearwater Beach - the article was spot on about the quality of the food at both). The article recommended getting "Joe's Special" for $10 and splitting it, and also to try the Devil Crab. "Joe's Special" could feed four people, and the Devil Crab was fantastic.

The place can get mighty crowded at lunch (we went on a Thursday) and you kind of have to follow the rule of the crowd as far as ordering, but the noisy confusion is all a great part of the ambiance of this place.

1  Thank R P
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We visited Brocato's on the strength of the reviews and we were sure happy we did! Huge Cuban sandwiches and devilled crab and all so good. You will find a a long line when you arrive but it moves fast and the wait is worth it. A shame Brocato's is an 18 hour flight away or we would be back for a visit.

1  Thank lojo22
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I recently stopped at Brocato's to grab a Cuban sandwich to take home to my husband. I was in town on business but know he loves their sandwiches. At order time, I told the lady at the counter I needed to have it not pressed but wrapped tightly so I could take it on the plane. Unfortunately, someone pressed it and cut it into small portions. When I went to the pick up window, I reminded them I needed it wrapped for travel. The man at the counter (ugh! I didn't get his name) quickly had them make me another sandwich - not heated and pressed - and wrapped tightly. He then gave me the second sandwich at no cost because of the slight error. I was really impressed by this customer service. So not only are the sandwiches awesome (hubby was thrilled to get his favorite food) but when they made this error it was quickly rectified. Great and we'll be back!

1  Thank DoubleK2

Been to Brocato's Sandwich Shop? Share your experiences!