“Pleasantly Surprised”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We were looking for something new, only been to eat Thai a few times so we chose Benjarong based on Trip advisor reviews and we were very happy with our choice. Service was good food was even better. Nice little neighborhood place, simple but very well done with a touch of Thailand, family owned and operated. Try the Benjarong duck crispy and dealicous!

• Visited March 2014

“Pretty good Thai”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Went here for a business lunch. There was a large group that was there ahead of us. This caused our lunch to be rather slow as the large table tied up the kitchen for awhile. Otherwise, the food was good, the ambiance was very Thai, and the priced not bad. I'd go back.

Visited November 2013
Florida
“For this Thai Food lover it's my Go-To Thai Tuesday lunch place”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Benjarong is convenient, good prices, generous portions, extensive menu, and friendly staff. It's not fancy but it satisfies my Thai lunch cravings.

The Pad Thai is better than most (my evaluator of a Thai restaurant) and the portion allows for lunch the next day. Amazing Friends is...amazingly good. I've been coming here for a long time, so why am I just now trying the stuffed chicken wings?? They were very good. The Thai Ice Tea is so good, I order if for my dessert.

“AWFUL”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

If you want hair in your food and then have the owner/manager yell at you in front of the entire restraunt you have found your match!! I ordered Chicken Pad Thai and the other patron I was with ordered Panang Curry. The appetizers were good, including a soup and salad, and then came the entree. As I twirled my pad thai with my fork, a dark black hair caught my eye. As I pulled it out of my food, the hair was at least a foot long. I got the attention of one of the two servers that rotated serving my table and he had absolutely no expression of remorse for the horrifying black hair I just pulled out of my food. They brought me a new pad thai that I did not eat due to loss of appetite. The owner then came to my table and boxed the food up without asking how the second round of food was or even addressing the issue of hair in my food. Once he brought the check, the chicken pad thai, that once again I did not eat, was on the bill. I kindly asked why I was being charged for something I did not eat and the owner began to raise his voice, getting the attention of the entire restaurant, saying we did not want to pay!!! What?! After there was a foot long hair in my food you want to charge me?!?!! If anything you should have taken care of the entire bill!!!!

Needless to say, I will never return to this restraunt and urge you to choose a different thai restraunt, unless of course you would like to be completely embarrassed and have hair in your food!

Tampa, Florida
“Food was delicious, price very reasonable, service both efficient and friendly.”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We had reservations for a group of 20 and when we arrived the owner had the table all set up and ready. A small restaurant but they were able to accommodate all of us and still manage to serve other customers, who all seemed to be repeat business as the owner conversed with several on a first name basis. We were served quickly, as a few of our guests were on a tight schedule, but we were not rushed. After lunch we celebrated a birthday. The owner of Benjarong had allowed us to bring in cupcakes as a surprise, which his staff served. He even lit a candle on one and led us all singing Happy Birthday. Was a great afternoon. Definitely will return.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Benjarong Thai? Share your experiences!