“This is REAL Cuban food”
Review of Pipo's Latin Cafe

Pipo's Latin Cafe
Ranked #524 of 2,383 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Latin, Caribbean, Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Nashville, Tennessee
“This is REAL Cuban food”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I don't get to eat Cuban food that often, so when I do I want it to be authentic and Pipo's is it!! The black beans and rice were perfect and you get a generous portion of everything. The best was the beef "old clothes" dish (don't know the Cuban name for this) but it is not on the buffet. It tasted so good my friend and I were fighting over the last bit. Whenever I'm back in Tampa I'll be back for more!!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank fizzy1991

Tampa, Florida
“Real Tampa Food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Pipo's is one of those restaurants on my "regular rotation" for lunch. The food is real Tampa food. Roast pork, black beans and yellow rice, plantains and cuban bread. Finish it off with a flaky guava pastry. This is more food than I can usually eat in one sitting, so I always ask for a box. Prices are VERY reasonable and they serve breakfast all day. It's cafeteria style and there's always something there that makes it hard for me to choose what to get!
I've been to some "Spanish food" restaurants where I've been intimidated because I don't speak Spanish, but the staff at Pipo's are very helpful in describing what a dish is if you just point and say "what is that?" :-)
If you have visitors, or are visiting yourself, and want to get a real taste of Tampa, stop by Pipo's. It doesn't have the ambiance of the famous Columbia Restaurant, but I guarantee you the prices are better and (I think) the food is better, too!

Visited February 2014
Tampa, Florida
“GREAT food at GREAT prices!”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Best Cuban Sandwiches and food in Tampa! Nice, clean and friendly eat in restaurant.

We had pork and chcken sandwiches on the BEST cuban bread. The Coffee laleche was GREAT also. We've tried just about everything on the menu and it is all DELICIOUS!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Visited January 2013
“Different location- great food.”
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

We ate at a location that must have been a newer one as it was in St. Pete Beach, not Tampa. The manager was who assisted us in how the menu works and what to order. They have some of their food out in a cafeteria style that is served by someone behind the counter. It's food like slow roasted pork and chicken along with sides. I ordered the slow roasted pork with the yellow rice and green beans. It was delicious! The pork flavor was very tasty and I enjoyed it. My husband got a pork loin (chops) which was also great. He got plantains and a green as his sides. The manager made sure to check on us. It's not a server situation so you get your own refills. I would eat here again when in St. Pete beach.

Tampa FL
“Que Rico!”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We actually went to the new Bay Pines location in St Pete, the place was packed with people coming in and taking food to go. We chose to sit down and eat the food, which actually for the most part was already ready to serve, As you walk in the food was ready buffet style, however you order in combo plates. Hubby had the roast pork w/ yellow rice and spanish beans (garbanzo beans w/ chorizo in a flavorful sauce), kiddies shared the same plate but an adult portion split between the two. I had the vegeterian wrap which consisted of black beans, rice and plantains wrapped in a tortilla, that came with a cream cilantro dipping sauce...WOW! Sauce was amazing!!!! I also slathered the wrap in their Pipo's sauce that was spicy and vinegary (they sell it to go as well) the manager walked around giving us a basket of yummy toasted cuban bread. So far pretty impressed with the place and plan on returning back, especially for breakfast.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Pipo's Latin Cafe? Share your experiences!