“Usually Very Good but Sometimes Just Average”
Review of Bombay Masala

Ranked #1,052 of 2,380 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Tampa, Florida
“Usually Very Good but Sometimes Just Average”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I have been to this restaurant at least 30/40 times over the past few years and we really do love it! For the most part it is always usually very good. At times the consistency with the quality and freshness of the food has waned at times but never a bad meal just not excellent which is what we have come to expect. Most notably we see the deficiency in the vegetable somosa and the consistency in some of their sauces (thick verse thin)

We have had the Tandori chicken, chicken makhanwala (by far my favorite and to die for!), vegetable samos, palak paneer, channa masala and Malai Kofta all delicious and savory dinner entrees! Their naan bread and roti can be hit or miss on the quality but usually it's good. They always use just the right amount of spice in their dinner entrees and it has never been overwhelming. I usually ask for my meal "Indian hot" but they never really make it as hot as what I believe Indian hot should be.

The interior of the restaurant feels dated but is decorated in a tasteful way. The service is average to good but honestly we are not there for the service it's the Indian cuisine we are there for.

• Visited March 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I was on my way to a different restaurant in the shopping center and decided to stop in here instead and was very pleasantly surprised. I did not go for the buffet and my dish off the menu was very good and I had no issues with the waitstaff. Very attentive and I would certainly go back.

• Visited July 2013
“Worst wait staff ever”
Reviewed 6 December 2012 via mobile

The staff is very arrogant. The waitress did even fill our water glasses for half n hour!!! She did even offer any drink. She was the most rude waitress. Since gratuity is preadded to the bill, the wait staff never cares. The food is decent. The apps were cold at our table however. The entrees were good. I will not come back here - I might do a takeout.

2 Thank san2os
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service ever!”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I have to admit the food here is some of the best flavored in town....BUT the service is HORRIBLE. I've been here a couple of times now and each time the food was good but the service is rude, slow, frustrating and basically not worth going for dinner. The staff have an entitled attitude and show their clear lack of caring for their clients. Take out is the only way I would visit this place again. Otherwise there's other Indian food in town that surpasses this one on both flavor and service that ill be giving my $$ to.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Foodie33624
“Another good meal”
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

We always enjoy the dinner at this restaurant! Very good food and friendly service. The Lamb Norma and aloo Gobi are great

Been to Bombay Masala? Share your experiences!