“Great pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Lakeland
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have been to Ledo's all over MD, DC, VA, etc. I was so excited to find one here in FL. The food was just like I remembered. Only complaint is it is very hard to find. Will definitely be back soon.

Visited August 2014

Tampa, Florida
“Frozen pizza taste”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Sorry, but I did not like the crust or toppings. Neither seemed fresh. I do not recommend unless the go with fresher ingredients.

Visited July 2014
Florida
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

A friend of the couple with which we dined recommended this restaurant, so we went on a Saturday night. It was a very odd experience. I'm not sure if it was the first night for our waitress or if she was just overwhelmed or if the kitchen was off, but we won't be going back.

When ordering, I stated that I wanted the Skinny Chicken Parmesan, but my husband finally had to point it out on the menu to our waitress because she didn't seem to know it was a menu item. He then ordered cheese sticks for an appetizer and the Sriracha Steak & Cheese. Our friends ordered the Italian Wedding Soup, a side salad and a small Meatlovers pizza.

The pitcher of draft beer we had also ordered was warm, even when poured into a cold glass. Our friend's order of the Italian Wedding Soup was delivered first, which was tepid, at best. He ate half of it and set it aside. His wife's side salad was delivered next. After awhile, I began to think that that my husband would not be getting his appetizer. Sure enough, the waitress came back with his sandwich and the pizza. When he asked about the cheese sticks, the waitress seemed flustered and asked if he still wanted them, but he declined. She then looked at me and said she would bring the chicken I had ordered. Our friend said later that the crust of the pizza didn't taste fresh, but my husband did enjoy his sub.

The next part kept us laughing all night, especially when we shared the experience with the group of theatre-goers we met up with later. The waitress arrived and handed me one of their big, white dinner plates with a small, maybe three ounce or less, chicken breast covered with a small amount of tomato sauce and melted cheese, set in the corner of this big plate. That was it. We said later that we should have taken a picture, because no one would believe someone had let something that looked so pitiful out of their kitchen. No salad was placed beside the chicken and no "fresh basil" garnish like the menu promises. I had to mention that I thought it was supposed to have a side salad, which motivated the waitress to get me one.

It appears that a lot of families visit this place for pizza, as there were many children there that night. Perhaps that is what it is good for; but as far as we're concerned, there are many Italian restaurants in the area that are much better.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
“Hard to beat this pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My parents are from DC/Maryland, so I've grown up eating Ledo's and recognizing there's nothing like it anywhere else. When they finally brought the franchise to Florida, we were ecstatic. We have, more than once, driven from Orlando to Tampa and back just for this pizza. I read the one comment from the person who didn't enjoy their visit here and they seemed to be expecting NY style pizza. What you have to understand is that Ledo's is completely unique and incomparable to other pizzas. It's a flaky, thin, semi-sweet crust, almost like on a pastry. They used provolone cheese and a homemade sauce that both add dimensions unlike pizza you've had previously. And it comes in a big rectangle, sliced into little squares. I've never met someone who doesn't like Ledo's pizza. They're like Starbucks up in Maryland, one every few miles. There was one in Maryland I ate at once that was right next door to a Pizza Hut, like they were literally sharing a wall, and Ledo's still held its own against this giant corporation because people love it and are loyal to it. Check it out if you can, because this is currently the only location in the Sunshine State. There's plenty of other stuff on the menu, but trust me, you want the pizza. I like mine with their thick-cut pepperoni and black olives.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida
“Great thin crust pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favorite pizza spots in Tampa, I love thin crust which is what they're famous for plus their homemade sauce and dough!

Been to Ledo Pizza? Share your experiences!