“Great lunch spot in Tampa”

Woody's Famous Salads
Ranked #234 of 2,436 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Family owned since 1972, we provide our clientel with a fresh assortment of salads, soups and sandwiches.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love going to Woody's for lunch. (In fact, it's in regular rotation on my list of places to go to lunch.) Their chopped Greek salad is excellent, and I haven't had a soup there that I didn't like. The Lemon Feta Chicken soup is AMAZING. Unlike anything I've ever had anywhere else. I hope they never take it off the menu. And, their curry chicken salad is delicious.

I wouldn't even try to go in through the front door. It's MUCH easier to park in the back and go in through the very well-marked back door. They even have a handy take out section right by the back door, so you can sneak in and out if you're in a hurry.

The food is so good here, I don't even mind eating off of paper plates and using plastic utensils.

I highly recommend Woody's!.

1  Thank Janine P

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Woody's is known for their Greek Salads which I think are the best I have ever had. Nothing compares in taste to others. Always fresh crisp geens with their wonderful potatoe salad tucked underneath. Their simple oil & vinegar dressing with oregano is delicious. They also have sandwiches and soups.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

The price is right for the amount of food you get and the Lasagna soup in incredible. It is clean and ample seating. Staff is very nice as well. I will continue to visit and recommend to anyone who wants great food for a very reasonable price.

1  Thank Pamela L
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Woody Gilbert started this place in 1972 about the time I moved into the area. We always came here for the Greek salads. They make a great chopped Greek salad. When the strip mall parking lot is crowded (and it often is), I park behind the building and come through the alleyway.

Woody's also makes some nifty wheat wraps using Boars Head meats. The salad choices are always growing. Have you ever tried strawberry spinach salad?

3  Thank mcbobleonard
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 11 December 2007

Yummy!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Woody's Famous Salads? Share your experiences!