“Great Stay”

Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds
Ranked #119 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed 3 days here and loved it. The staff are professional and worked very hard on keeping the place clean. Rooms are clean and the staff will give you anything you need.They even scrubbed steps outside. The pool was clean and very relaxing atmosphere. We enjoyed the small breakfast they offer in the morning, especially the waffles that are freshly made on your own. All in all, if you want a great stay and don't want to pay the big money the other hotels have you pay, this is it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2012

This hotel is no longer a Days Inn it is a Motel 6 the room was gross carpets were filthy and they charge 58 dollars a night ridiculous amount for this place it has really gone down the hotel used to be much cleaner and the rate was affordable I liked it when it was a Days Inn

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Now that Motel 6 has taken over this Days Inn I would think twice about staying at it. I have stayed at this motel many times when it was Days Inn and enjoyed my stay. My last stay was under Motel6 and it wasn't what I expected. No coffee pot, clock, cups, ice bucket and no breakfast.
On Fri. and Sat. night's kids park in Wendy's parking lot and walk over to the pool that isn't locked and party. People being droped off at night walking the parking lot so empty your car and LOCk it.
The only good thing about this motel is the front desk girls and the lady that is in charge of house keeping, they will go out of their way to help you .
When I tried to contact the property management co. that has this Motel they will not return your phone calls, what would you expect???

Room Tip: Find another Motel !
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ken g
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I have spent a lot of time at this hotel in the past 3 months. My wife, son, and I have been wanting to relocate to the Tampa/Brandon area for a while and we have been to town several times for interviews and even spent an entire week here just getting to know the area, going to the beach, Busch Gardens, etc. Each time, we would always stay at the Days Inn Tampa/Brandon.

After finding a job in the area, I needed a hotel to stay in to begin working while we looked for houses and got prepared to move our stuff from back home. I once again stayed at this hotel since I had such a pleasant experience the last time. I had to stay there for 3 weeks while things were being prepared to go to our new home. Again, the experience was great.

My room was always very clean, it was cleaned every day by the housekeeping staff, there was always a great selection of breakfast foods in the morning to start our days, the pool was very nice and relaxing, I had wi-fi in my room and they had a business center if I needed to print anything. For the price we paid, it was a superior value.

The thing that keeps us coming back and remaining loyal though is the staff. Everything we need or ask for is taken care of, from the guest services people to the cleaning staff, to the hotel manager. As one person mentioned in another review, they don't just do their job, they sincerely care about the guests.

One staff member specifically goes even more above and beyond in her job duties. Adonna L. is always there to help us with whatever we need. In addition, she always talks to us like people, not hotel guests. She will ask what we did today, how our son is doing, offer suggestions on where we should look for houses, etc. One example of her dedication is that we had arrived late one night after driving for 14 hours with a 2 year old to get here. She saw he was asleep in the car and ran down to our room with a crib and had it set up before we could get parked and get into the room. Now that is service. We were so surprised to walk into the room and see his crib, ready to go. We were like, how in the world did she do that?

I am so thankful that we found a great temporary home at this Days Inn and to have a great staff to take care of our needs. Thank you guys and keep up the great work!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This hotel is older, but kept in good repair. It is clean - especially the mattresses, pillows and bathrooms.
The price was the best the area had to offer.
It is noisy because the doors slam when they close, so if there are families, kids seem to not be able to stay in or out.
We stayed for 2 days - I guess the cleaning staff thought that meant they did not have to clean the room, because they went home without cleaning. Not the worst problem which can happen, but inconsiderate.
The front desk clerk was very informative, efficient and friendly each time we spoke with her; her name was Corina. Great job!
Bar fridge, microwave, hairdryer, safe, tv, a/c and lots of storage and space.
Beds have these great big mattress pads which make them super comfy!

Room Tip: Top floor towards the back to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We were dead tired from driving all day, and picked up a coupon book from a visitor center. Decided to stay at the Days Inn at Brandon. The room was clean, and everything was in good working order. They had free wifi and it was fast. Price was reasonable, and the place was quickly booking up. When we arrived around 7:00 PM, they only had 6 rooms left. Was happy to get a room. It's an older hotel, but was in good condition. Breakfast consisted of waffles, cereals, toast, fruit, the usual breakfast. Looked like a lot of people staying here had relatives in the nearby hospital or they, themselves, had been hospitalized but were not released by the doctors to leave the area. Seemed to have a lot of senior people staying here. Our room was very quiet. We always request a room on the top floor. They automatically charge $1 for their safe use, which we did not use, nor did we notice this charge until we had left the area, so watch out for that. Would probably stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janice14
Reviewed 21 November 2010

The room wasn't clean when we got there, and wasn't cleaned much while we were there. I was just back from Iraq, and the hotel was so noisy I couldn't sleep for three nights. We ended up at another hotel down the street. There were a couple dozen kids running up and down the hall until 4 am every night banging on doors, eating pizza in the hall, yelling and basically living in the hallway. After several calls each night management still would not do anything. I filed a complaint with Days Inn corporate and still did not get a response. You would be better off getting a room in downtown Baghdad than staying at this hotel. Save yourself the headaches -- spend a little more money and get a much better hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple