“Great price but very poor”

Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds
Ranked #115 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Brandon, Florida
“Great price but very poor”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very dirty, we spent a lot of time keeping things off the disgusting carpet. Bugs all over the place, beds where very hard and pillows where terrible. Outside the patio there where cigarette butts all over seriously all over the patio, parking lot it was terrible!!! All it would take is a leaf blower to make it at least a little better, no pride at all, lazy. Any way never going to stay there again even if the rate was low, was very hard to sleep when bugs where crawling all over, not to mention the air handler not working.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Denny P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hungarian first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is a disgusted unsafe motel. I had to leave and go to a different hotel (Quality Inn). Bums and drug addicts everywhere. Disgusting and filty. I have stayed at other Motel 6's and I never had such a bad experience. There was throw up in the parking lot, a woman laying on the floor in the hallway (very high), a man screaming at her, and pubic hairs on the pillows. My husband thought it was disugsting as well and my son was scared. We left and I was told they voided the charge but 4 days later and the charges are still on my account. I called and they said even though the transcation was voided the money wont be credited until atleast Monday. THIS PLACE SUCKS DO NOT GO. Quality Inn closeby was beautiful, accommodating, safe, spacious and comfortable. Only 10 dollars more. I never write reviews but felt compelled to as this can be a real pain when traveling just wanting to have a good time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank DanielleParade
Deland,Florida
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Not the average, small, funky Motel 6. The room was large. The decor was better than the typical "6". We had a microwave and fridge in the room. It had a few problems like stained chairs and carpet not quite right at the edges. However, compared to the "6" we stayed at the next night it was a palace.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Chose this place over many based on it's low price and higher-than-expected reviews. Stay was decent, far better than most motels I imagine. We were a little bit skeptical, however, about the police officers stationed out front upon arrival. The way they looked at me made me feel a tad bit uncomfortable. I was also surprised to why the lobby was not open at 10pm- safety reasons I'm sure of. The room was satisfactory. The walls were a little dirty but nothing major.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

From the front desk staff to condition of the rooms, all fully met my expectations. I needed help with the in room safe, prior guest couldn't read, this was handled instantly. Free Wi-Fi, laundry room, nice breakfast room... all things from a more expensive establishment. Hard wood floors in the rooms.
Bottom line a great place to stay with bargain basement prices.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank MikeCapeCoral
Hazelwood, MO (St. Louis)
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff on both shifts when I needed help. Rooms were large, (but older) and clean. Older 24" TV, with smaller selection of cable, but I'm only in the room to sleep. Give me news and weather and I'm happy! I'd booked a room with a microwave and a fridge, but as I was stuck in ORD, I called to cancel. Nice lady helped me and told me they had rooms so if I made it to TPA to call and they would try to help me. I did make it and called and she gve me the same "internet price'', but no micro or fridge. Located close to the interstate, (in Brandon, not Tampa off I-75) but off the freeway and the hiway as to be very quiet. A 24 hr McDs across the street for early coffee, and a Sonny's BBQ right next door, what else do you need! Free internet, which I didn't use. Enjoyed my stay there and will use again...

Room Tip: They have 2 buildings, with the 'back' building farther from all the road noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Gerasim M
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is actually in Brandon, I've stayed here multiple times. It's my normal place to stay when visiting Brandon. I like this place because it's a good, basic place to stay. Little frills (pool, haven't tried it), but that's fine if you just need a place to crash. It's fairly cheap, and seems to be a safe place. There's a so-so Sonny's next door, and a McD's across the street that makes a nice breakfast experience if you walk across the street at 6am.

Staff is courteous, rooms are reasonable. The place is starting to fall apart, so before you haul your luggage in, go around the room and make sure fridge works, microwave works, phone works, etc.

Despite that I will happily go back here, it fits well with my "just get what you need" mentality. Just hope they invest the maintenance bucks to keep it viable.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo