“Nice Zoo in Tampa”

and up
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo Admission
Ranked #41 of 196 things to do in Tampa
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Our visit was in a hot day in August which is hard for the little ones, but the park has water fountains for the kids to play and refresh. Bring swimming suits and flip-flops for a change. The park is clean and well kept. There is a gentle water slide and 3 or 4 safe rides for little children. Drinks can be expensive as $3 a bottle of water, but they allow you to bring your lunch, snacks and drinks. Staff are friendly and respectful. They have a lot of animals to see including African species and Asian species. We went in a weekday which is not crowded and not lines or waiting times. They have appreciation month for military and first response people. We recommend this park and will be back in the future.

1  Thank ErnestandPat

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Pack up the kids and get outside. Pack a picnic lunch or bring the burgers. Kids can run, play and be kids. Lots of shade, tables, restrooms. Runs along the Hillsborough River and next to Lowry Park Zoo.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great zoo with a few good rides too. The place is the perfect size as it is a mid-size zoo so you don't feel overwhelmed. Kids love it as well as adults. We got a year long pass as it is that good~ Go by yourself or with the family for the day and have a blast~

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The whole family really loved it here. So much to see and do! We will definately go back next time we are in Florida

Reviewed 13 August 2014

There is a wonderful experience waiting for you here. I had not been to the Zoo in at least a decade and I was amazed at how the habitats looked and the variety of animals here. All are from the same type climate zone we share from other parts of the world.

I liked everything but did notice a few things could use paint touch-up. But then I remembered that our City gives practically MO MONEY to this Zoo - it has to rely on donations and fund raising (unlike other major Zoos in the USA). It is clean and now I am looking for ways to help raise money for this GREAT PLACE and attraction in my home town. How could I not go for 10 years? I am hitting myself on the head.

Been to Lowry Park? Share your experiences!