“Good Food, Slow Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of ItaliAsia

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
ItaliAsia
Ranked #1,521 of 2,368 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian, Asian
San Diego, California
“Good Food, Slow Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for business and this was one of the dining options for dinner one night. The restaurant was not crowded, maybe 5 other tables of people. All the food was excellent, especially the spicy chicken dish I had. However, the service was super slow. Not sure why since it seemed to be staffed adequately.

Visited October 2013

Lutz FL
“Jump in, the water's fine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stopped here because we just came from the airport, on our way home. Where is everyone??, I asked the waiter. Seems the hotel is 50% full and the business traffic kicks in around September. Their loss, our chain.
Nick was a terrific and attentive waiter with an engaging personality. The salad and spring rolls were delicious. Ask for the side salad if you are ordering a meal. cheaper. My spaghetti was a surprise with homemade flat thin noodles. My husband's Mongolian dish was flavorful but could have used more sauce.
All the staff were attentive to our needs. We'll be back..this time without Groupon. Maybe because diners were sparse but we loved the quiet romantic atmosphere with cloth table cloths and great reasonably priced food. $16.95 for each meal to $27.95 for steak dinners.. Jack on the rocks..$10. About average for cloth covered restaurants these days. Hamburgers and pizza also available.

• Visited August 2013
Tampa, FL
“Nice atmosphere but ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Went there because we had a groupon. Food was ok, over priced but service was great since we were the only other couple there. The free cookies made it three stars.

Visited July 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“A 2 star restaurant if not for the free cookies”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

This place deserves 2 stars, but I'm going to be nice. The website and menu makes it sound much better than it is. The food is eh - not great, not bad - but the service was good and we got free cookies.

Honestly, I'm giving it 3 stars because we got free cookies.

I bought a groupon for this place and my girlfriend and i decided to check it out. This was our second attempt. The first time, the restaurant was closed for one reason or another. This time, the restaurant was closed again, apparently because the hotel (its at a Doubletree Hotel) was mostly empty and they had a private event. So if you are going to check it out, call first, because they seem to be closed more then they are open).

The fact that its at a Doubletree hotel is deceiving since I don't remember ever seeing that on their website. But I digress.

Anyway, when the restaurant is closed, they allow you to order off their full menu from the hotel's sports bar, which we did. We got veggie spring rolls as an appetizer, and I got a shrimp and pepper pasta and my girlfriend got Lobster Risotto. The spring rolls were supposed to be "flash fried," but they seemed deep fried to us. They were okay, just not anything special. That's exactly how to describe the pasta, too. I was expecting something spicy, but it was more sweet then spicy due to the fruit in the sauce. My fault I guess for not reading the menu closely. My girlfriend's risotto was just bland. She barely ate it, but we brought it home and mixed it with some more seasoning and stuff the next night and it was 1000 times better.

The service was fine. Our server was attentive and the meal was timed well. The fact that the restaurant wasn't open...again...takes some points away from the service overall, but that wasn't the server's fault in the sports bar.

Finally, the manager brought us a tin of the Doubletree chocolate chip cookies for coming in that night, which is why I am giving the third star. Firstly, I got cookies. Secondly, at least they tried to do something nice for us.

So like I said, this is a 2 star place if you're expecting a gourmet stand alone restaurant and get a mediocre hotel restaurant. That said, even though our food wasn't any better then other people's, the cookies saved the day.

• Visited June 2013