“Mexican grill ?”

Brasilia, DF
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mexican grill ?”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Found this place by chance. I was staying down the street in a hotel. This place was as Mexican as taco bell. Nothing tasted like anything! They had "Mexican Gumbo" whaaaaat? Staff was very friendly and professional but the food, the food. This is for college kids who don't know any better

Visited March 2014

Wesley Chapel, Florida
“one of my fans”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I still enjoy Qdoba immensely, the quality and taste is what brings me back again and again. I have introduced many friends to this place, I like it so much better than Chipotle! AND this week is double points, so I will be going back this week!

Visited December 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Q stands for Queasy”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This place has been open (across the street from the USF campus in Tampa) for years just blocks from my house. Since I mostly see gringo college kids in there & didn't know anyone who had eaten, I was skeptical about the place. My wife got a coupon for 2 burritos, 2 drinks, 1 order of chips. We figured we would give it a try.

It is comparably priced to Chipotle where we usually go for burritos for the past few years. However, that is where the comparison ends. The meat was bland, the sauce was bland, the chips were bland, the queso dip was bland. Like I told my wife the meal was forgettable. It did not taste bad but it did not taste good.

Since it is close to the campus, hopefully they stay open late to cater to the marijuana smoking college students with the munchies. Since they are high they won't remember how bland the food was, only that it didn't make them vomit. That is the only way I will step foot in there to eat again, if I had the weed munchies. Since I don't smoke, I guess I won't be eating there again. Taco Bell tastes better than this place. And I am not so crazy about that brand of "Mexican food".

That was my take on this place. My wife thought the place was just "eh" or "blah". I don't remember the exact noise she made when she tasted it. However, immediately after our meal, my wife's stomach felt queasy. Within two hours she had to make a run for the toilet with the green apple splatters. This lasted until the next day.

In conclusion, taste-wise the meal was forgettable, digestion-wise it was not so forgettable for my wife, price-wise it was average. Needless to say I won't go back.

We will continue to go to Chipotle at the other end of the USF campus. Everything tastes much better. It's not just us, based on how much more crowded Chipotle is than Qdobe, it's obvious that the locals prefer Chipotle to Qdobe. How do you make the chips so that no one wants to finish them? Really?

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Johnny-Boricua
ZEPHYRHILLS
“Satisfied Customer Since Forever...”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I love Qdoba!
Why?
Open till 10pm and right next to MOSI and SFU.
Hi Quality, Fresh ingredients. Food doesn't taste canned or frozen/thawed. Always fresh.
The Best Email Marketing after your visit on the planet. I often come back time and again for the coupons they send you in email when you sign up for their frequent flier card.
Great Coupons like Free Chips and Queso with any entree purchase, umm dude.. thats 4 bucks right there !!! Killler!!!
Their card is buy 10 get one free... that's like 75c off every order.. i mean. that's awesome man.
No Cheesy people yelling at you from the door (Welcome to ... !!!)
Polite, respectful listeners who want to get your burrito built the way you want it.
The one thing they could do to make me happy is get a Coke Freestyle Machine, other than that... i've been a happy customer since around 2004, I come 25+ miles to visit and love every bite.

• Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Quick Service”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The service is always quick, accurate and excellent! I eat here frquently. The employees are always nice and friendly.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank 18derful18

Been to Qdoba Mexican Grill? Share your experiences!