“Good food. Okay service.”

Kojak's House of Ribs
Ranked #43 of 2,400 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located one block west of historic Bayshore Blvd nestled under several grand oak trees. A 1927 bungalow converted into a restaurant. Serving South Tampa since 1978. Family owned and operated.
Tampa, Florida
“Good food. Okay service.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stopped in here for lunch on a weekday. We barely sat down before the server came over and asked us what we wanted. She didn't look very happy that we needed some time to actually look at the menu. Sorry, we've never been here before. The food is very good. I recommend the hot smoked sausage if you like really spicy! Wow! The prices are okay and the service was efficient, but indifferent. I don't think we'll go out of our way to go back.

• Visited July 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Delicious Homestyle Food”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We enjoyed our first visit to Kojak's so much that we returned the very next day. The BBQ is outstanding and they provide a variety of sauces to please any taste. The vegetables are delicious like you would cook at home. The desserts are homemade and to die for. Be sure to save room for dessert! This restaurant is family owned and the family working there went out of their way to welcome us and make us happy. We will definitely eat here again when we return to Tampa.

Visited July 2014
Tampa, Florida
“OK-jaks”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was very excited to eat here because I had a subpar BBQ experience a few days earlier. I really liked the small, intimate setting and very nice staff. The BBQ was good but not great and the sides were the same. The chicken was better than the ribs to me and the price was just about right. I'll go there again but this is not my favorite.

• Visited July 2014
“Okay”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This place was alright but not worth paying for. We asked for dinner rolls and they brought out stale store-bought rolls. The food was not bad but not good. Definitely will not go back.

1 Thank Stormycj
“Luz”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Delicious,great ambient. ..customers services A plus,relaxing, my favorite plate the ribs exquisite. ..